Long tube install

EVILNSS

EVILNSS
Established Member
if ur doing it on jack stands.. have fun... u have to drop ur entire kmembers.. its a bitch... alot easier if u have a lift...

04torchred

Established Member
porsches4lunch said:
Anyone have any info and or tips on installing tubes on the terminator motor? Pics would be greatly appreciated!!!!!!!

Well jackstands work fine. Drop the k-member it is much easier to get at the bolts. To be honest without dropping the k-member my Mac headers never would have went in. The bolts on cylinder 4 no way to get at without dropping it.

So once the k-member is down stuff gets easy. Support the motor with a bottle jack and piece of wood or a floor jack and piece of wood up at the front of the engine right behind the lower pulley/damper. You will see what I am talking about. There is a lip about 1" and it is the oil pan rail, so part of the block. It is rigid and will not dent of give. Then you have the motor supported from the tranny support and the front of the engine so nothing will fall.

That is about the only secret. It took my father and I about 6 hours but we tried to put them in without dropping the k at first since we did my bros BBK LT in his mach without dropping the k. Big waste of 45min.

I-CAN-STANG

cut em' off at the knees
Established Member
Did you reuse your stock header gaskets? I'm thinking should I reuse mine with the Mac LT's since my car has 60k miles on it, lol.

TRBO VNM

I don't know which to get, but make sure you do research. I haven't heard of too many long tubes that don't have leaking problems. and if you think installing them is a bitch, think about having to deal with leaks.

04torchred

Established Member
I-CAN-STANG said:
Did you reuse your stock header gaskets? I'm thinking should I reuse mine with the Mac LT's since my car has 60k miles on it, lol.

I bought new Ford Gaskets just to be safe. I did however reuse the studs. I have no leaks so far or non that I can hear and have been good for over 20,000kms. I have Mac's by the way.

SN8KBITN

New SVT user
Established Member
Do it on a lift. Trust Me!

mustang2rh1.jpg
[/IMG]

04torchred

Established Member
Slowbra04 said:
Haha I never had to remove the k-member and it wasnt even that hard and i did it with just ramps

The BBK headers are one of the few you can do without dropping it. We did my bro's mach 1 with BBKs and left the K member in. My Mac's required the K member dropped.

autoxstang

Coyote Lover
Established Member
Slowbra04 said:
Haha I never had to remove the k-member and it wasnt even that hard and i did it with just ramps

If you don't mind me asking how did you like your BBK setup? I kinda like the idea of not having to drop the k member especially if something happens and I need to change header gaskets or pull the tranny out.

04torchred

Established Member
autoxstang said:
If you don't mind me asking how did you like your BBK setup? I kinda like the idea of not having to drop the k member especially if something happens and I need to change header gaskets or pull the tranny out.

Regardless of what headers you go with if you have to drop the tranny you don't have to touch the headers. Gaskets might be a different story, someone should have made ones that could have slid into place instead of having to fit over the studs.

I-CAN-STANG

cut em' off at the knees
Established Member
I'll be doing the MAC ceramic headers. Ken never seemed to have issues with them plus I got a good deal on CHINI's old ones. ;-)

Last edited:

TT04Cobra

It's Coming.....
Established Member
autoxstang said:

I love the BBK's, the first set i had were Flowtech's and they werent worth a shit, got the BBK's and called it a day, but while ur down there buy u some Stage 8 locking header bolts so u'll never have to worry about leaks.

Users who are viewing this thread