Long tube install ?

Pat Kelly

Established Member
When installing longtube headers are there supposed to be rubber hangers installed on transmission crossmember brace? If so are they purchased separately or supposed to be there from factory?
Thanks for any input

1930ford

Established Member
The 10 models dont have any hangers at the trans crossmember. Depending on the mid pipe you decide to use would probably dictate weather you need them or not.

GOTSVT?

This Is Absolution
Established Member
Thats so odd that some had them and some didnt!
WTF Ford?

Redsnake18

Liberty or Death!
Established Member
Thats so odd that some had them and some didnt!
WTF Ford?

My 09 doesn't have them either. I checked with parts at the dealership and they told me they only show them available for 07. I guess they transmited a lot of extra vibration in the cab. You cannot buy the hangers either, you have to buy the whole crossmember, the hangers are molded to the part.

So my Basanni's are hanging, two rubber superballs cut flat on top and bottom are squeezed between the pipes and the panhard brace over the axle. This eliminated all rattles, bangs, and squeeks when taking off or going over bumps.

Pat Kelly

Established Member
My dealership found the rubber hangers only without having to buy new crossmember but they are $60 for two little hangers. I am getting them today so hopefully that will fix my problem and raise exhaust up and inch or two

chimazo

Established Member
My dealership found the rubber hangers only without having to buy new crossmember but they are $60 for two little hangers. I am getting them today so hopefully that will fix my problem and raise exhaust up and inch or two

I don't think you can just attach the hangers to the x-member. They are sort of mechanically crimped on there.
Cars079.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread