Long Tubes and SFI Bellhousings

SeankySnake

Established Member
Any one running longtubes and an SFI bellhousing? If so what name brands of longtubes, bellhousing and are there any clearence issues. I ran into clearence issue on my 92GT with the longtubes hitting the bellhousing but I just massaged the bellhousing with the grinder and that was it. Any info on this would be greatly appreciated and pic's if anyone has any.

SeankySnake

Established Member
:shrug:I guess that I'm the only one who thinks alot of their feet and safety???? So I guess no one here runs an SFI Bellhousing?:poke:

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
I guess that I'm the only one who thinks alot of their feet and safety???? So I guess no one here runs an SFI Bellhousing?
No. As a matter of fact, I have only heard of a couple of fellas that have gone with blow proof bellhousings with these cars. For us oldtimers, times have certainly changed in this regard. But so has clutch component technology I guess. Have never heard of a clutch exploding with a Terminator...........

whippledsonic

Established Member
check out lethal for the bell housing. dont know about clearance for your longtubes but im sure you can massage it to fit. i was told last year that i need sfi bellhousing and a sfi balancer for running 10's. :beer:

SeankySnake

Established Member
Most classes require one once you hit 10.99 but some don't, I just want to pass tech anywhere I may go and to be safe as well. I have had a clutch and flywheel come apart on my 92GT and thank god I had the SFI Bellhousing when it happened. Pretty much everything was destroyed in the driveline other than the drive shaft.

SeankySnake

Established Member
What's your setup Sean?

Are you refering to the engine combo or suspension setup?

Engine.

Stage 5+ Stegi Blower
Nazman ported lower intake
Metco 8lb lower
Custom intercooler
Custom Heat Exchanger
Head Cooling Mod
NOS Plate kit for 125 shot
Dual GT pumps with FPDM
Magnaflow Cat Back
MagnaFlow catted x-pipe
PPRV Delete