"Longblock from scratch" misc parts

E. Green Cobra

Bounced in the 1st!
Established Member
Anyone have a list of all the misc nuts/bolts, gaskets, seals, chains, tensioners etc. needed to put together a longblock? (4v, alum block)

Thanks

IUP99snake

The Shocker
Established Member
As luck would have it, I have a list of all the parts required to assemble a long block from scratch.

I had this report put together when a shop in Pennsylvania (Vello Performance) improperly installed a new forged motor built by Modular Ford Powerhouse. Vello Performance didn't bleed the coolant properly, overheated it and destroyed everything from the oil pan to the valve covers. So, I sued them. And to get the highest amount possible to sue them for, I parted together a replacement motor from as many individual parts as possible straight from the ford dealership. Of course, that was just to come up with a dollar figure. Did you know it costs about $10,000 just in parts to assemble a longblock from scratch using all brand new ford parts (except forged pistons and rods)??? Crazy!

I ended up going to the junkyard and getting an aviator longblock for all the parts I needed instead of going to the ford dealership.

Enjoy.

web.png

web.png

web.png

web.png

web.png

web.png

Last edited:

E. Green Cobra

Bounced in the 1st!
Established Member
Awesome!

Yea I was pricing a few misc pieces like chains/guides/ and random bolts and got up to $3500, before I said WTF!

So I'm trying to get a list of what I need, what I'm reusing, and what will be upgraded.

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread