Longest tread life

600RRgoal

Established Member
Which 315/35-17 tire has the longest tread life? I'm getting a set of 17x10.5 and 17x9 black DD FR500s and don't want to spend a crapload of money on tires every few months (Cobra is my daily driver). What do you all recommend?

DoomsDay

Slayer of Gods...
Established Member
I've had VERY good success with my BFG DR's in the dry or wet. The car is a DD right now and we had a down poor for almost 3 weeks about a month ago with standing water everywhere and as long as you drive smart you'll be FINE.

mystical

Established Member
Cobra04 said:
I've had VERY good success with my BFG DR's in the dry or wet. The car is a DD right now and we had a down poor for almost 3 weeks about a month ago with standing water everywhere and as long as you drive smart you'll be FINE.

Dude, he asked for a tire that will provide the longest tread life, not one that will need to be replaced every season on a daily driver.

DoomsDay

Slayer of Gods...
Established Member
mystical said:
Dude, he asked for a tire that will provide the longest tread life, not one that will need to be replaced every season on a daily driver.

lol reading skills ftl. Depending on what's really on his budget F1's are nice and have good tread life as well.

bvysochin

Established Member
Red98CobraStang said:
sumitumo 315/35/17's. They dont hook that well but they are cheap and last a long time. they are like 110 a tire on tirerack.com

In my experience, Sumitumo's SUCKed. I got a set of 275/45/17's for an old 5.0 GT we had.. They started off with SOO much tread, I loved em, and the price I paid.. ($75/tire).. Within 5-6 months, they were 60-70% gone.. I did maybe 5-6 hard take offs in that entire time.. Just a few thousand miles too.. They're too soft I think.. I don't know.. maybe I just got a crappy set.. But those things didn't last AT ALL.

Michelins are amazing and last near forever imo.. same with Kumho's. Those are hard tires.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread