Longtube headers question...

Hurley

Established Member
I was told that if I were to install LTs on my Bullitt that I would need to tune the car before driving it as it will harm it by dumping raw fuel. Now I am all new to this so is that true or I can drive the car just fine without one?

CobRoush-00

Established Member
I was told that if I were to install LTs on my Bullitt that I would need to tune the car before driving it as it will harm it by dumping raw fuel. Now I am all new to this so is that true or I can drive the car just fine without one?

A tune is highly recommended after such mod. If you have to drive the car, try not to drive it at WOT and you should be fine until you actually get it tuned. Your ECU may throw a couple of codes P0420/P0430 and the solution for this is to turn off the rear O2 sensors. Keep in mind a tune is necessary for the car to run efficiently. Good luck.

spike_africa

Established Member
Harm it no, will it not 100% for sure. You will need a tune to clean up the a/f ratio and change the response time for the o2 sensors.

marvin54

BOOSTING!!!
Established Member
when i installed my BBK long tubes i noticed the car would have to run for a couple of minutes before i could even drive it, so it would run smooth and not buck around

Users who are viewing this thread