Longtube Questions

jeffhou

Established Member
My friend told me if I went with long tube headers then I would have to disconnect them to change out the clutch or get to the tranny, if this is so then wouldn't that be like a $500 labor charge? Is there anyway around this? Thanks for the help.

Silver 03 Cobra

That is correct.

The only way around is hope you never have trans problems, plan on paying for the extra labor or get a set of JBA shorties.

SVTyballz

Established Member
Somewhere on this board there is a thread that talks about the fact that the T-56 tranny and clutch is easily serviced even with LT's installed. I 've never done it myself (haven't put LT's on mine yet) but it does look like there is more room than my old GT with the T-45.

gary

Silver 03 Cobra

Bell housings on the T56, T45 and 3650 are identical as far as casting size. I know BBK's won't clear. Not sure about Hookers. I'd bet they are about the same.

cubes

Established Member
Does anyone know if Bassani midlengths will have the same problem?

david smilovic

Established Member
The Cooks sold by JDM are designed with no flange goes on pipe by pipe so it seems to me you can wangle your way around them,BUT how will the gasket hold?

Let you know when I come across it.Its also a great time to get a spec Stage 3 clutch W/O flywheel it can handle 650 ponies and drives better than stock I love my Long tubes from JDM and I love my Spec.
xmotorsports.com and we can get the Specs real cheap we sell alot fo Vette and F-body so being a major distributor look for rock bottom prices.Good Luck,Dave S.

03TRMN8R

Established Member
I heard the Bassani Mid-Lengths will bolt right in. I think I will wait for those to become available. Does anyone have an ETA on them yet? Last I heard was November.

Users who are viewing this thread