Look at this Car is it worth the Money!!!

BadBoy50

Established Member
I found this dealership by me selling this yellow 98 cobra with 100k for only 6k the problem I see with it is engine noise probably tapping. What do you think this could be and is it still worth the money to buy with this problem. I am going to look at it on monday do you guys have suggestions when I go look at it. I really want to get back in a cobra but cant afford much more than 5-8k. And this will be a Daily Driver. Let me know what you guys think thanks. Here's the link for the car: 1998 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra

BMF42

Drive it like u STOLE IT
Established Member
Hard to tell with just that picture. Off the top of my head I would say yes off course. Its a 98 for 6k!

ssvvtt

Established Member
looks good, you got to remember that used mustangs aren't necessarily a car you get hoping for zero problems/maintenance, there great cars but always be prepared to fix things here and there. especially if your getting for a good deal.

oh and mine had the tap noise and i drove it for years and it still had great power still but theres different kinds of tap noises

crash549

kill whitey
Established Member
the tapping could be something little and it could be something huge and thats the gamble your gonna take with all used cars really. looks nice in the picture though.

cpSTACK

Established Member
If your willing to spend 5-8K just be patient and you will find the right one. You shouldn't have any problem finding something taken care of without any major problems for that much in my opinion. Check Autotrader every day and be willing to travel a couple hundred miles to get it and it will happen. I suggest private sellers though.

svt_cpe

wanting a cobra facelift
Established Member
mine had a "tapping noise" ended up be detonated pistions #6 #7 after building a forged engine for about 5k it has no more tapping. except for the light clicking of the 60# injectors :)

Shangsta

Phat back
Established Member
pretty decent deal. Be wary though and take your time when looking at it. The ticking could be something with the heads which depending on if you are good at working on these things could be more money than you are going to want to spend to fix

BackInTheSaddle

Established Member
With the fact that it has 100k miles and it's yellow, I would suspect that you have some room to negotiate a lower price. As mentioned before, there are quite a few good deals (especially in this area) given the current market, so take your time.

Remember: if it doesn't look (or sound) right, then walk away. There are plenty of good deals to be had on SN95's!

Happy Hunting! :beer:

Last edited:

BadBoy50

Established Member
Went and looked at this car was a pos. It had a really bad tapping noise and the car looked in bad shape and they wouldnt move on the price so I def walked.

crash549

kill whitey
Established Member
i hate people that know they have a pos car but still try to f*** you. they know whats wrong with it and they hope that you don't.

Users who are viewing this thread