Look how nice the cobra plays with other horsies.

CatchMeCopper

Established Member
DSC00515.jpg

Theres more on my page! He moved the black 911 turbo out of the garage for me. He also has a black 355 spyder and a black 550. Those two have tube (toobie) exhaust and sound NASTY..

ygohome

Bullz
Established Member
Originally posted by CatchMeCopper
*removed photo-mod

Theres more on my page! He moved the black 911 turbo out of the garage for me. He also has a black 355 spyder and a black 550. Those two have tube (toobie) exhaust and sound NASTY..

Cool! I wonder how the Cobra would do against a 355 spyder? I saw one on the freeway here in Scottsdale AZ last week but did not try messing with it.

BTW, what is your homepage?

Thanks

phxscooby101

Established Member
Hey ygohome: How much did you end up paying for your cobra?
and which dealer did you go too? I went to one out on my side
of town and he wanted 5k on top of msrp:gt: thanks later

ygohome

Bullz
Established Member
Originally posted by phxscooby101

I went to Pioneer Ford which is at 75th Ave and Hwy 10. I got really lucky with my deal. I paid 34500 dealing with Bob Speary (really cool guy). I was having trouble with one of my Jeeps so I emailed him about trading it in for an SVT Cobra. He had one on the showroom that someone had ordered and changed their mind on. I went in for a test drive and he saved it for me until we finalized the deal about a week later.

I'd recommend going to see Bob. I don't think they are alowed to sell for under sticker anymore though. But you should be able to get it for sticker. Either order one or at least give Bob your name so that when they get the 2nd batch of Cobra's in November/December and someone backs out of their order you could grab it.

Here is his email address.

[email protected]

Tell him that Ben Tate sent you. He's a good guy and will do what it takes to get a cobra for you at a fair price.

kom

Established Member
That photo is actually funny. When I was first looking at an '03 Cobra my wife didn't like the idea. Anyway on her way home from work shes calls me on her cell to tell me she was behind a new Mustang and they are beautiful. "I could see us going to dinner in that". "The pictures don't do it justice", "Yea, Its got the little Mustang on the back".. I was puzzled because they really don't look much different than a standard Mustang. So when she gets home she's going on and on about how nice that Mustang was. So I hop on EBay and say "Is that the car?" "Yea thats it." I'm sure the guy driving the $200,000 Ferrari would love to hear my wife say "Hey, Nice Mustang..."

phxscooby101

Established Member
Cool thanks i'll keep his e-mail, so when i'm ready too get one
( end of this year) i'll call him up.

Hows your cobra handling the heat ? any overheating problems?
thanks later

Jerryk

Halfshaft abuser
Established Member
NICE pics.. Gotta love a true sports car!

"tubi" exhaust (sp?) is awesome! Dont know much about Ferrari aftermarket but I did have the pleasure of driving a F355 coupe w/ that exhaust, then later an F360. The F355 was loud as hell: it was the equivalent of a race muffler on a Japanese sportbike. It's like $5000 and is hand formed out of titanium.. yum!

As far as how does it run: I got to race my brother 3x w/ his 99 Cobra (4:10 gears, Bassani catX and K&N).. the 355 w/ nothing more than the exhaust and the Cobra were NECK AND NECK dead even.. from 0-120mph.. did it 3 times, it was awesome! The owner of the Ferrari heard the outcome of the race later and had it modded :)

The 360 which I don't think looks as good.. is rated at like 5-10hp more.. but the TORQUE.. felt like another 30ft/lbs of torque over the F355.. very NICE!

Jerry

2thman

giggle gas expert
Established Member
D@#m you Copper, that picture made me break into a cold sweat, and not from looking at the red car! My black vert is SOMEWHERE in the eastern usa on the way here and i am losing it:mj: I think that blk is gonna look totally mean with some 01 smoked headlights and some illegal tint. Hell it looks great the way it is now. (I've gotta get off these formus until mine comes, its affecting my mental health) Thanks for the pic,

jason

ygohome

Bullz
Established Member
Cool thanks i'll keep his e-mail, so when i'm ready too get one
( end of this year) i'll call him up.

Hows your cobra handling the heat ? any overheating problems?
thanks later

So far it is running really great. No overheating or anything. I can see the blurry haze of the heat rising from the engine through the hood vents though. actually kinda cool.

I'm sure that performance is affected a little by the heat though. But it's still fast enough to blow most cars off the road! After I get my new exhaust on I'll have it dynoed. But with 100 degrees in the garage I don't think it will show some of the great #'s that other guys on this board are posting.

quick01snake

Your View
Established Member

I had the opportunity to buy one on X plan, but I am way too upside down with my '01 to have been able to swing the payments.

Hammer

Established Member
Great picture! It's what my car would see if it looked in the mirror.

Apparently I am missing something. How in the hell did you attach such a large picture in the thread? I couldn't upload a picture a fraction of that size.

toofast4u

Versatilist
Established Member
Originally posted by Hammer
Great picture! It's what my car would see if it looked in the mirror.

Apparently I am missing something. How in the hell did you attach such a large picture in the thread? I couldn't upload a picture a fraction of that size.

Are you trying to upload the picture or do you have a webserver and using the url to the picture in your message. The prior will not work the later will.

Users who are viewing this thread