Look what I found!

Tony 96 Cobra

Addict
Established Member
No big deal... you forgot to put some really cool parts on your Cobra for FIVE YEARS!!! geez... :bash:

I could never forget something like that..:-D

GR8WHITE

The BIG FISH
Established Member
Actually I forgot to put it on in the rush to sell it. You know changing plugs,oil,cleaning filters, and other such things to make sure the next owner got a good one.

So if you'd like to get technical about it, it has only been in my tool box since September 16th, when I traded my 97 in. Not hardly the 5 years you pulled from thin air.

Try not to be so short OK ;-)

GR8WHITE

The BIG FISH
Established Member
Heck I don't remember. It was in one of my MM&FF magazines and I liked it. It's been a few years though. I think it was UPR, but I'm not sure.:beer:

Tony 96 Cobra

Addict
Established Member
Do you enjoy the GT more than the Cobra.?? I traded a 99 GT for my 96 Cobra I have now.. I miss the GT.. seemed to be a more stable car.. if that makes sense.. and I absolutely love the styling of the new cars.. I think the SN95 is my least favorite out of the latest three styles..lol.. Sorry, I didn't mean to come across as a jerk in that first post.. more sarcasm than anything.. I could never forget to put a cool part on..

later

GR8WHITE

The BIG FISH
Established Member
Originally posted by Tony 96 Cobra
Do you enjoy the GT more than the Cobra.?? I traded a 99 GT for my 96 Cobra I have now.. I miss the GT.. seemed to be a more stable car.. if that makes sense.. and I absolutely love the styling of the new cars.. I think the SN95 is my least favorite out of the latest three styles..lol.. Sorry, I didn't mean to come across as a jerk in that first post.. more sarcasm than anything.. I could never forget to put a cool part on..

later

I like this GT more due to the fact that it has a warranty. With all the other stuff I had done to my 97 Cobra, it would have costed me an arm and a leg to fix anything that broke.
The SN-95 is more for the chassis. Like the 79-93 cars are Fox chassis. The SN-95 is still based on the Fox chassis. We're SN-95's from 94 to current.We'll be getting the new DEW chassis in 2004, along with the modular 5.0! That is what prompted my trade. Saving money for the next gen.
I could never enjoy this GT more than my old 97 Cobra. Although the 2001 GT is quite close to performance of my stock 96 Cobra. ¼ mile times would be close, but the new GT is just a shade quicker. The Cobra would out handle and brake this one though. Not to mention the extra perks of the SVT. ;-)
Hey no harm done. It was kind of a dense thing to leave off. I was really torn between letting go of a true one of a kind, and getting something cheaper with a warranty. I am really putting alot of faith in Ford that the next gen Stang will be what we've been asking for. Only time will tell if my choice was the right one. ;-)

Ginsu

Established Member
Dang, I get up to make some popcorn thinking this was going to be good and when I get back it is over :( :rollseyes :gt: :rollseyes.

Yea I hope the new platform will be good! I am predicting on buying one a couple years after it rolls out so that Ford can get some of the bugs worked out and have a chance to save up some cash.

sohowcome

Captain Obvious
Don,

haha thats pretty good, kind alike when you take a head off and you put it bck on only to realize you have one extra bolt left over........:)

Psychoholic

Established Member
Originally posted by sohowcome
Don,

haha thats pretty good, kind alike when you take a head off and you put it bck on only to realize you have one extra bolt left over........:)

I've done that before! (not on my Cobra, on my '72 Caddy).

It's amazing to me that you can change a gasket and come up with a surplus of bolts.

Further proof, I am not a mechanic. I'll just stick to designing websites for a living.

:beer:

Chris (Psychoholic)

Users who are viewing this thread