Look what I got......

realaxed83

Established Member
Putting this stuff on Monday, hoping to get rid of wheel hop and gain some stability in the twisties. I will post some before and afters of the drop for those interested. These are the race springs by the way. Still trying to decide on if I should use any iso's up front.
Suspension1.jpg

postban

...rollin on 20's
Established Member
That stuff will certainly help with hop. I suggest Billetflow IRS brackets and cover brace for a little more improvement.

realaxed83

Established Member
Yeah, the cover brace is def. on my list of things to do, don't wanna grenade anything. I saw the bf brackets but I haven't really had a chance to read up on them much. After this round of stuff I think I will try to get rims and tires, leaning towards afs chrome cobra replicas 18x9 & 18x10.5's and nitto all around with 335 dr in the rear.

BigBeez03

MASH PAST >
Established Member
realaxed83 said:
Putting this stuff on Monday, hoping to get rid of wheel hop and gain some stability in the twisties. I will post some before and afters of the drop for those interested. These are the race springs by the way. Still trying to decide on if I should use any iso's up front.
Suspension1.jpg
Hey man are those the full length MM SFCs? Will they fit inside your car with the back seats down or are they too long? I was wondering how I will get them to the install shop, I haven't ordered them yet.
thanks

realaxed83

Established Member
BigBeez03 said:
Hey man are those the full length MM SFCs? Will they fit inside your car with the back seats down or are they too long? I was wondering how I will get them to the install shop, I haven't ordered them yet.
thanks

yes sir they are and they will fit inside with the seats down.

BigBeez03

MASH PAST >
Established Member
realaxed83 said:
yes sir they are and they will fit inside with the seats down.
thanks man, i'll be ordering a set of those this week! :rockon:

realaxed83

Established Member
I will be getting mine back from the shop on Tuesday so I will post up some pics and let you guys know if I can feel a difference, for those who may be interested,

BigBeez03

MASH PAST >
Established Member
realaxed83 said:
I will be getting mine back from the shop on Tuesday so I will post up some pics and let you guys know if I can feel a difference, for those who may be interested,
Yes I'm interested in your impressions after install. What all is shown in your pic? I'm getting ready to do some chassis stiffening mods myself and am trying to learn all I can. Thanks. :beer:

realaxed83

Established Member
BigBeez03 said:
Yes I'm interested in your impressions after install. What all is shown in your pic? I'm getting ready to do some chassis stiffening mods myself and am trying to learn all I can. Thanks. :beer:

In the pic is h&r race springs, maximum motorsports full lenth sub frame connectors, maximum motorsports caster-camber plates, and mm irs subframe bushings. These are just some of the basic things but a good start. Hopefully these will get rid of most of my wheel hop and help out with handling. Next I hope to get some rims and tires(drag radials for the rear) and a billetflow diff. cover brace.

realaxed83

Established Member
sp

SpectorV said:
remember to sand off that powdercoat before you weld them, i would do a 3/12 weld~

Thanks for the advise but I'm not too great at welding so I am having it done by a mustang shop. I asked them about that though and they said they would clean off the spots to be welded and then recover them when they were finished to prevent rusting.

realaxed83

Established Member
Here are a few before and after pics, first two are before and last three are after. It is only about .5" lower all around so far, it has been three days since the springs were put on. I have noticed that they have settled a bit since I picked the car up and I am hoping it settles another 1/2 to 3/4". Car handles tons better, much stiffer and smoother at speeds. Plus on the few burnouts I have done since then I have yet to feel any wheel hope. I will post back in a week or two with final pics, crossing my fingers for a little more drop.
bf8.jpg

before1.jpg

af3days5.jpg

af3days4.jpg

af3days3.jpg

realaxed83

Established Member
Yeah I used all the stock iso's. If it doesn't drop a little more than I guess I will have to kick myself in the butt a few times. I considered leaving the fronts out all together or just using the bottoms but I was fearful of metal on metal noise. We will see how it looks when I slap on some 18's next month.

Users who are viewing this thread