JacobK

Established Member
Look what i got today guys..a Male Tiger Reticulated Python..he is AWESOME

DSC00338.gif

DSC00335.gif

DSC00334.gif

JacobK

Established Member
haha..well guys so u know, that not my bathroom..i live in my parents 3 bedroom house by myself, and i use my own bathroom..my dad is in the prices of remodeling the bathroom and stuff when he gets time to come back..
ANYWAYS..the snake will get big, reticulated pythons are the largest snakes on the planet, biggest one was around 33ft long. I expect this guy to be anywhere from 18-21feet long full grown..His father was 18feet long at 4 years old, and his mother was 7 years old and 26 feet long..so hes got the genes to be a big boy.

Snowboarda42

PMS Damage Control Tech
Established Member
JacobK said:
haha..well guys so u know, that not my bathroom..i live in my parents 3 bedroom house by myself, and i use my own bathroom..my dad is in the prices of remodeling the bathroom and stuff when he gets time to come back..
ANYWAYS..the snake will get big, reticulated pythons are the largest snakes on the planet, biggest one was around 33ft long. I expect this guy to be anywhere from 18-21feet long full grown..His father was 18feet long at 4 years old, and his mother was 7 years old and 26 feet long..so hes got the genes to be a big boy.

thats a big snake :eek:

Mc Q 6185

Established Member
Damn bro I hope you have an extra room for him because that fugger is gonna get HUGE.

Also, as a neonate be sure to handle him frequently....retics are known to be somewhat ill-tempered if not properly tamed.

Beautiful snake and good luck with him :beer:

Additionally (not to sound like a smartass) the Anaconda is actually considered the largest snake in the world. Although the Anaconda doesn't grow quite as long as the retic the anaconda is a much heavier snake. The reticulated python is however considered the longest snake in the world (Although I believe this remains arguable- there have been some huge African rock pythons found) so you still have that to brag about.

Last edited:

JacobK

Established Member
Mc Q 6185 said:
Damn bro I hope you have an extra room for him because that fugger is gonna get HUGE.

Also, as a neonate be sure to handle him frequently....retics are known to be somewhat ill-tempered.

Beautiful snake and good luck with him :beer:

Additionally (not to sound like a smartass) the Anaconda is actually considered the largest snake in the world. Although the Anaconda doesn't grow quite as long as the retic the anaconda is a much heavier snake. The reticulated python is however considered the longest snake in the world (Although I believe this remains arguable- there have been some huge African rock pythons found) so you still have that to brag about.
Your right as expersts have speculated about ancondas being more girthy then retics. However, i havent seen or heard about too many anacondas now a days over 22 feet long, where there are retics in private collections and zoos over 25feet long.So a 25 foot retic and an 18 foot anaconda, the retic will be longer and heavier..But the same length snake, anaconda takes it in the weight..

BittenInBama

Established Member
99snk said:
where do u plan on keeping it once it gets 18 ft long and wat do they eat?

We had to build a special cage for ours. At three years old he was over 13 feet long and as big around as my upper arm. UNVBELIEVABLY strong too!! Your average little aquarium wont do.

He ate gerbils, rabbits, rats, etc....

Mc Q 6185 is correct about temperment too. We handled ours EVERY day EVERY chance we got. Seemed to help. He was quite docile for a Retic. Only got bit once and that was my fault. They dont like to be grabbed by their tails...doh!

fatboy01

Gonzo
Established Member
So as others have asked, what are you going to do with it once it gets to be 15+ feet long?

Edit: And why would you want a snake that gets that big? Will it still be fun to play with? I mean if my dog got to be as big as Clifford the Big Red Dog I would not want to hang around it, it would shit all over my yard and smell bad.

Last edited:

BittenInBama

Established Member
JacobK said:
Your right as expersts have speculated about ancondas being more girthy then retics. However, i havent seen or heard about too many anacondas now a days over 22 feet long, where there are retics in private collections and zoos over 25feet long.So a 25 foot retic and an 18 foot anaconda, the retic will be longer and heavier..But the same length snake, anaconda takes it in the weight..

:read: Will have to check on this....San Diego used to have a bounty/reward for a 25+ foot retic that went unclaimed for years and years. Not flamin or anything, just have not heard of many CONFIRMED 25+ foot retics. Lots of rumors and stories....even of 30+ footers.

Users who are viewing this thread