Look who's trying to protect a GM plant

plan b

hooters for looters
Established Member
Senator Bob Corker from Tennesee is now trying to protect the GM plant in Spring Hill, Tennesee. What an a$$hole he is along with all the other southern republican rejects. If I were GM I would shutter all the plants down south and bring all the production up north. GM builds trucks down in Shreveport, Louisiana and that senator was another among the Big 3 haters. I say pull all that production up north and punish the stupid politicians for their assanine commentary. Let's see how many foreign automakers will build plants in their states where people don't know how to build cars:uh oh:

http://www.freep.com/article/20090410/BUSINESS01/904100306/?imw=Y

Last edited:

Juruense

Banned
I do not understand what point you are trying to make OP... Are you saying that quality vehicles can only be built in the north? Because that is kinda ridiculous...

snake134

I think he's pissed that the senator that was giving so much crap to the auto industry when they wanted bailouts now wants to keep a tennessee plant open

plan b

hooters for looters
Established Member
I do not understand what point you are trying to make OP... Are you saying that quality vehicles can only be built in the north? Because that is kinda ridiculous...

Where do you live? In the midwest we already know how to build vehicles so very little training is needed. Apparently you are unaware of the situation, buh bye.

plan b

hooters for looters
Established Member
I think he's pissed that the senator that was giving so much crap to the auto industry when they wanted bailouts now wants to keep a tennessee plant open

+1, You are the man because you can understand simple internet posts. Be thankful that you don't have you're head up you're a$$ like alot of people in our country that think like the other clowns that posted in this thread.

Juruense

Banned
Where do you live? In the midwest we already know how to build vehicles so very little training is needed. Apparently you are unaware of the situation, buh bye.

I was just trying to understand you, no need for rudeness. I live in NE Indianer.

blownsvtlightning

Established Member
whether or not he was for or against it, the plant needs to stay open... A) there are many jobs at stake.. not just the factory worker's jobs, but the suppliers, shippers, etc.. B) the reputation of the domestic brand is also at stake. We are already having our heads pumped full of the foreign is better smoke and mirror show by the liberal media and hard advertising, but that is not always realistic. i.e toyota's fuel mileage claims. It did work though.. Look at how many of these cars you see on the road.. The reality is that Ford's quality is currently every bit as good and in many cases better than toyotas or Honda's, GM and Chrysler have some catching up to do, but are capable.. What happens to one of these domestic companies affects the others in one way or another. If GM and Chrysler tank, the domestic car image will be hurt even worse and that will further hurt sales and the U.S economy, which is basically what the global economy is based off of....

SlySy

My son watches My Little Pony???wtf
Established Member
Yeah, and they can't read and have problems bringing plants up to full production. LOL.

Holy crap, GM and Ford are really gonna be screwed when we learn to read. We already assemble Toyota's, Hyundai's and Nissan's etc., you know, all the stuff that has been steadily taking away market share from the "Big" 3 for years, to a higher standard than the North does. It's over when we learn to read.

How about; quit making excuses for yourselves and do for yourselves. Quit looking to your Unions to keep your job for your sub-par work and earn job security for your hard work. Oops, I said it, Hard Work, do for yourself. I know, I know I'm and ignorant hick.
(disclaimer: Not addressed to all, just those with the habit of making excuse for themselves and blaming others for their problems, like the OP.)

Last edited:

astrodudepsu

1of72 Hater
Established Member
whether or not he was for or against it, the plant needs to stay open... A) there are many jobs at stake.. not just the factory worker's jobs, but the suppliers, shippers, etc.. B) the reputation of the domestic brand is also at stake. We are already having our heads pumped full of the foreign is better smoke and mirror show by the liberal media and hard advertising, but that is not always realistic. i.e toyota's fuel mileage claims. It did work though.. Look at how many of these cars you see on the road.. The reality is that Ford's quality is currently every bit as good and in many cases better than toyotas or Honda's, GM and Chrysler have some catching up to do, but are capable.. What happens to one of these domestic companies affects the others in one way or another. If GM and Chrysler tank, the domestic car image will be hurt even worse and that will further hurt sales and the U.S economy, which is basically what the global economy is based off of....

most importantly you forgot

c) these plants represent MAJOR production centers in this country, it was centers like these that during WWII were converted into defense plants for the making of ammo/tanks/planes/etc. If we allow domestic auto makers to go under and these plants lie fallow we are opening ourselves up to a WORLD of hurt the next go around. We would then lack the production infrastructure to be able to maintain a fighting force.

ff500

Established Member
This will help the Federal Goverment will be purchasing 17600 cars by June 1, cars must be made in the USA and the corporate office must be based in the USA, sorry Toyota and Honda.

grinner

duuude
Established Member
To spend money on saving anything that GM has a part of is a vold testimony of having money to throw away.
but republicans are not really famous for making a lot of sense.

Users who are viewing this thread