Lookin for some opinions/help

BuckeyeLightnin

Established Member
So i've got a buddy whos talkin trash with his camaro. I wanna shut him up. My best time at the track was 13.172 @ 107.98 with a 60' of 2.15. I had a big rpoblem with traction. I was on my nitto 555r's with no long bars. I plan on getting long bars and some slick for this "duel". Anyone have a guess to what the best time i coudl put down will be? ill post my dyno sheet in about 8 hours because my work comp wont let me visit media sharing websites. Any other suggestions for a better time will be greatly appreciated.

oilwell1415

Established Member
You don't have a prayer unless he screws up the driving part of it when you run. There's probably a few more tenths in his car as well. Most head/cam cars are good for 11's if the driver does their part and they have decent traction.

BuckeyeLightnin

Established Member
also on my 13.1, i had a fiberglass tonneau and spare in the bed... will the removal of those make a significant difference? ive been thinking of getting of soft tonneau anyways...

oilwell1415

Established Member
My opinion on weight in the back is that anything you may have gained by losing the weight will be negated by the corresponding loss of traction. If you were on slicks it may be worth a tenth or two, but on street tires the gain is questionable.

BuckeyeLightnin

Established Member
heres my dyno if that helps...

dyno.jpg

BigBlock09

Established Member
Just race him and find out...Lower mph race in your favor. Good luck, let us know how it goes.

f150freak

Professional Lackey
Established Member
Well if he runs a 12.1 in the 1/4 then you'd be toast.

If I were you i'd suggest you take the stance I usually would take in a situation like that. Look at him and just reply "so what if your crapmaro is faster, why should I care?" If you portray an attitude of indifference and apathy it usually will irritate the living daylights out of whomever is trying to talk shit. At least that's the way it works for me.

SVT_LIGHTNING01

Established Member
you should be running at least 12.60's. I am making the same power roughly and trapped 109 @ 12.64 on nitto 555r's with a 1.78 60' and a slipping tranny from hell. You have to absolutely heat the $hi* out of those tires to get them to hook bro. Then drive quickly to the line and when the lights are up just stall the truck up to around 1500 rpm's when you see the last yellow light let off the brake and mash the gas pedal to the floor and dont let off haha.

Users who are viewing this thread