Lookin' into a 5.0

BenBrausen

Established Member
I'm thinkin' about gettin' a 5.0 and need some advise. I need a couple things. I wanna be able to work on it myself. I want something that will responde well to mods. Something I can throw a couple hundred in mods at from time to time (when I have the cash). I don't know if I'd like to go carburated or fuel injected. I'm kinda thinkin' 5 speed over a 4 speed. 4 wheel disc would be nice. I'd like lots of choices for cosmedic mods too. I may want to tear the engine down and rebuild it myself (depends on the condition of the engine I end up getting). I'd wanna do full suspension (my SHO has every suspension goodie under the sun). It would be a daily driver in the summer. So what are everyone's suggestions? Where should I start to look for a nice low milage 5.0? Thanks for any help you can give me. :D

poopnut2

Lifelong Vagetarian
Established Member
Well, if you want this to be a daily driver, have 4-wheel disc, and a five-speed. Go with a 94/95. Engine wise, it's just as easy as a fox to work on. However, if you have other things go out, lock/window motors etc. it's a little tougher to do. The 94/95's look better with suspension work then fox's in my opinion.

As for low-mileage, it's hard to find a low mileage 94/95 for "cheap". They tend to sell for more.

I'd say look for a 94/95 cobra. A nice one will cost you around 10K but is worth it later on because most people end up spending money making their car look like one anyways.

If you want a fox for a daily driver, get a notch-back. I suggest an 89'. That way it has mass air, forged internals, no air-bag for dem' cool steering wheels, lightweight, and tend to put out more power then the 90's model fox's. Great cars. But you wont get 4-wheel disc. You can do the conversion for under $1000 if you know where to look.

Snake_Eyes

SVT Warrior
Established Member
I am looking into getting a 89 GT. It would be free but the engine overheats rigth now. I need to get this fixed quick because I will be leaving from here soon. What do you guy think is wrong with this engine.

Users who are viewing this thread