Looking at 03 vert...need opinions

stang*vs*deer

Established Member
Hey...thanks in advance for opinions / advice. Looked at an 03 Convertible today. It's not the torch red, but a deep metallic color (not sure of the color name...sorry). Has 5,600 miles and is in really good shape except for a multitude of scratches all over it. Couple on the drivers fender, drivers rocker panel, one on trunk lid next to ford emblem and then a couple small chips...one on the hood right up front in the usual spot...very small and another on the edge of the passenger door. I think the price is good at $19,500, but the scratches really bother me...should they be overlooked due to the miles and price? Can fine scratches be buffed out easily? What are some of your opinions on this...the price, scratches...the whole deal? Oh...what would the 03 Ticking head sound like? This had a ticking noise, but it sounded to me like injectors?

Here are some shots
side%20shot.jpg

motor.jpg

Top of Fender scratch
fender%20scratch.jpg

Rocker panel scratch
rocker%20panel.jpg

Trunk scratch / chip
trunk.jpg

Thanks,
Ed.

TTSVT

Established Member
new to posting, but here is my 2 cents...I have two 03 cobras and that is a great price for convert with 5,000 miles...I would guess that if your looking for a show car than its not for you,but if your looking for a great deal on what looks like dang nice car other wise....buy that and never look back.

I am selling a black convert with 21,000 miles couple rock chips on front end and is really nice, but I would not take less than 25K for mine..title in hand in case you interested. born in texas and stored under cover in garage,never even been driven in rain.....just some food for thought.

4.6snakedoc

Established Member
Put money down on it ASAP then take it to a ford dealer and have the tick investigated. I believe that with no mods they may ? fix the tick if it is there. Great Price. GL . if not torch red then redfire is the color.

Users who are viewing this thread