Looking at a 03 10th Anniv Edition!

bhamvett

Established Member
I am looking at a 10th Anniversary Cobra with 13000 miles.Coupe. I was wondering how the supercharged motors hold up and would like some general impressions of the car. I am a avid Corvette guy, but I really need a back seat for the kids.
Thanks

BO TY KLR

Established Member
13700mi here. Hasn't been in the shop yet(knock on wood). Have had a throwout bearing prob but everytime it starts to make some noise it has went away when I go to track, honest. Exhaust, lowered since it was a month old and pullied since Oct.94. Daily driver(except winter) also.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Overall these cars are excellent motor wise. There have been a few issues, but not every '03/'04 was affected. I had an '03 for a year and a half and had only one issue with the car stalling twice. That was fixed with a computer reflash. Other than that, it was the best car I ever owned, and I've had 13 cars over my lifetime. Get the car of interested check out well and I don't think you'll be disappointed. Surely the best bang-for-the-buck deal going. And you do have that back seat, although it's really for kids. Then again, it's not a sedan.

Now if you really need back seat space you might consider the new Dodge Charger RT. I just saw one today. I'm not into 4-door muscle cars, but I've got to admit this one is really nice! I'd buy one in a heartbeat.

toro1966

Toro 66
Established Member
I agree, buy it. I have an 03 10th vert and I love it. My only mods are in my sig but I have had NONE of the problems others describe. No vibration, no bad TOB, no head tick, nothing. (Hopefully it will stay that way).

Once you have one, you will never get rid of it. I was reluctant to put much money into at first because I wasn't sure if I would keep it. Now I can't imagine getting rid of it and just spent $3k to put in a new in dash navigation system with 6.5 inch screen and dvd changer with XM and IPOD.

bhamvett

Established Member
Beautiful car Toro1966. It rained yesterday, so I am going to go drive the car today! I just need some seat time in the car to see if I like the way it drives.

Users who are viewing this thread