Looking at a 2004 with 42k miles

Slowbra01

Established Member
I am in the market for a truck and came across this Lightning. As the title says it is a 2004 with 42k miles. The truck is pretty clean, minor defects on the paint at the driver side rear next to the gate but nothing major at all. Generally in good condition. Stock as far as i can tell. Test drove it, seemed fine.

Dealer is asking $21k. Is this a good price?

Dusten

Established Member
bone stock low mile 04's go for 17k local. If you want a stock truck, then spend that much, if you can get a loan for a private sale, or have cash, there are a lot of built motor, twin screw trucks for 17-20k

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
bone stock low mile 04's go for 17k local. If you want a stock truck, then spend that much, if you can get a loan for a private sale, or have cash, there are a lot of built motor, twin screw trucks for 17-20k

This. That's a steep price.

Dusten

Established Member
Its because we aren't in canada.
Take my truck for example, 116k on the body, 3k on the engine(built, tf heads), 6k on the trans(built, circle d stall), Kenne bell, detroit tru-trac) and lots of other mods. I'd be lucky to get 16k for it.

Slowbra01

Established Member
Walked away from it. Was still in good shape, but just too much. If they came down even to $17k i would drive it home. But they won't budge on the price. I wonder how long it will sit in the dealership lot before they change the price? BTW, it's at a carmax.

WhiTriCobra

PDP
Established Member
Oh yeah, carmax won't budge at all. I'm sure after a few months they will or take it to auction. There's lot more out there for sale. I paid 12.3 for mine and it had under 80k miles, really good shape and almost stock.

psycholx

ALWAYS STANG, SOMETIMES L
Established Member
I am in the market for a truck and came across this Lightning. As the title says it is a 2004 with 42k miles. The truck is pretty clean, minor defects on the paint at the driver side rear next to the gate but nothing major at all. Generally in good condition. Stock as far as i can tell. Test drove it, seemed fine.

Dealer is asking $21k. Is this a good price?
i paid 26 for mine(04) back in 05 with 8000 miles.. from carmax..thats a little high if u ask me.

Users who are viewing this thread