Looking at applying for the Capitol Police, got ?'s

redfiresvtsnake

Established Member
Well I've been seriously contemplating finishing up my time in the military after serving 8 years in the Marine Corps. I still have 11 months left and am looking at jobs. Was looking at staying in the aviation industry since that's where my expertise is at, but I've been looking around and the D.C. Capitol Police really caught my eye. I checked out their website and still have a few questions, mainly about a LEO job in general. Being that I'll have 9 years in the military as active duty, how will that help me being an LEO, as far as time in service? I've always heard that military time counts towards retirement, but never actually heard it from a legit source. How do the promotions go? Is it based more on time in service or performance? What should I expect in the application process, as far as taking the exam? I would imagine anyone with a brain who has their head on their shoulders could pass it. What is the life like as an LEO? Will I work alot of 10 to 12 hour days on a regular basis? Not that I'm lazy just wondering what I should expect. How long on average to reach the rank of say Cpl or Sgt? I saw the pay scale on the Capitol Police website and it looks good, but how much more would I make as I progress in my job? Anyone ever served with the Capitol Police or known someone who has? Any tips or info would be great.

Users who are viewing this thread