Looking at buying a blower

mustang_guy

Established Member
Hi guys, I'm looking at buying a blower for my 2012 manual car. I originally wanted the Vortech kit but after seeing that the Paxton 2200 is about the same price with a bigger head unit I'm leaning towards that right now.
Just wanted to get your opinions on which kit to go with and also wanted to ask how well do these Cayote motors take a blower and how much power can they safely handle?
I also have a CS front valance, will the fit fit without having to go back to a stock front valance?

Last edited:

truebluedevil02

Captain Jackstands
Established Member
They can hold around 600 while retaining good reliability provided you have a good tune and dont drive like a retard. Slagburn has over 30K miles on his Whipple setup@ around 530whp. At 600whp you'll probably be changing the clutch if your taking it to the track with sticky tires. As for blowers, I think your in the right track, Paxton seems to be getting more and more popular by the minute. Procharger is also good and I have heard the install on the procharger is pretty simple and can be done in an afternoon with 2 people.

SicShelby09

Banned
If I keep my car, procharger it is. The no cutting kit they make is awesome. There are a few great vids on YouTube showing it being installed and in action. Plus I think it's the cheapest of the bunch.

mustang_guy

Established Member
If I keep my car, procharger it is. The no cutting kit they make is awesome. There are a few great vids on YouTube showing it being installed and in action. Plus I think it's the cheapest of the bunch.

I was looking at that kit but I think with the air filter where it's at near the firewall it will be a heat score with cops

98ss88mm

Established Member
Procharger is the most expensive. Especially if you are getting d1, which i would never run a p1 so.... but they do have direct drive 8 rib. You can get a deal on a vortech/paxton kit through several people. Beefcake, Revan Racing, etc. Just gotta shop around. I think i have around 5600~ in my whole blower/meth set up.

You can get the same blower basically in a vortech kit if you so desire, but what i always say is "why do you need a huge blower for 9-10psi?". Hell I sat on the fence about running an S trim, but at the end of the day im going to be making 760-780rwhp so a T trim right off the bat seemed to be the way to go. If you are never planning on making over 640~, whats the point of a paxton?

Also you have the debate of self contained vs oil fed..... just food for thought.

Last edited:

steveofiveo

Established Member
Hi guys, I'm looking at buying a blower for my 2012 manual car. I originally wanted the Vortech kit but after seeing that the Paxton 2200 is about the same price with a bigger head unit I'm leaning towards that right now.
Just wanted to get your opinions on which kit to go with and also wanted to ask how well do these Cayote motors take a blower and how much power can they safely handle?
I also have a CS front valance, will the fit fit without having to go back to a stock front valance?

I also think i'm ready for a blower (had a couple on my fox body and i kind of miss it). And there's the power. I have a quick question though, on the paxton tuner kits, how many psi do they start with ?

RI_2011_GT

Established Member

To fit the intercooler on the Procharger, you will have to trim lots of the lower valence.

alex12gt

Established Member
Ive got the tvs and love it......but in all reality pick one and go with it you will get 1500 diff opinions and even the shops have diff opinions but all of them are well built kits

Users who are viewing this thread