Looking at K-members

xTomKx

Established Member
My motor is in the shop getting rebuilt and I'm contemplating about several things I can replace during installation. One of them is the stock K-member. Now, I have eibach springs and tokico shocks and would like to stay that way. Are there any K-members which do not require coil overs for 96 cobra? Will handling improve if I go with coil overs? What are my options?

bumsoil

Established Member
UPR has spring perches as well. but the ONLY WAY to get the stock arms in the UPR k member, is to press in polly bushings backwards. guess how i found this out......
anyways, if you get the UPR k member (which is quality) get coilovers and a arms.

xTomKx

Established Member
If I go with a coil over setup will I need new front shocks or will I be able to reuse the tokico shocks I have?

Tabres

Not without incident
Established Member
I'm sure there are people who would disagree with me but don't expect these lightweight k-members to have a positive impact on handling. In my experience, the UPR/QA1/etc.. have the opposite effect. I've been there, done that with the lightweight tubular drag style k-members and now have a Maximum Motorsports in my car. I wouldn't waste my money on anything besides a Maximum Motorsports or Grigg's setup if you're expecting to have a better handling car.

SVTPete83

Established Member
Get a racecraft k-member setup, they have tubular A-arms with spring perches
I have this exact setup and it's awesome. Well built. Installs without issues, strong? And lightened the front of the car by about 80 pounds. It handles great and rides smooth. If you want to keep your coils springs and shocks, there is no better way to go.

nomoretickets

Established Member
I'm sure there are people who would disagree with me but don't expect these lightweight k-members to have a positive impact on handling. In my experience, the UPR/QA1/etc.. have the opposite effect. I've been there, done that with the lightweight tubular drag style k-members and now have a Maximum Motorsports in my car. I wouldn't waste my money on anything besides a Maximum Motorsports or Grigg's setup if you're expecting to have a better handling car.

To piggy back off this, i guess the question you need to ask is what are the long term plans for the car? The answer to that question could really impact you purchasing decision, especially if a Turbo is in the plans at some point, since kits tend to be designed around particular tubular k members

Shifty Powers

The Shifty Mobile
Established Member
To piggy back off this, i guess the question you need to ask is what are the long term plans for the car? The answer to that question could really impact you purchasing decision, especially if a Turbo is in the plans at some point, since kits tend to be designed around particular tubular k members

this

Users who are viewing this thread