Looking at ordering a 2013 - have questions about mods/Roush supercharger

RTD

Established Member
Looking at ordering a 2013 - have questions about mods/Roush supercharger

I'm getting ready to order a 2013 in the next month or two and have a few questions.

What I want to get is a base GT (6M) with the Track Package and Recaros and no other options in Deep Impact Blue. The company I work for is a Ford supplier so I can get X-plan pricing.

The first mod I plan to do almost immediately is the SVT/GT500 mufflers.

After that is my dilemma. I've thought about just doing the CAI and tune and then leaving it at that. I don't want to do headers or midpipe - I'm 38 years old and I'm done with loud obnoxious exhausts, leaking headers, worrying about emissions tests, etc. But I still want a fast car (sold my heads/cam LS1 Z28 awhile ago and the itch is coming back). I'm worried that the CAI/tune will be fun for awhile and then I'll get bored.

So now I'm thinking supercharger. I've been reading a lot about the Roush/TVS and it seems the way to go. I basically want something that will run high 10's at around 127-128 on drag radials yet is still reliable enough to daily drive and will pass NJ emissions.

Here are my questions:

- The Roush website lists the kit as 540 hp flywheel (which should be ~460 at the wheels), but all of the tests I've seen have it putting down 510-525 at the wheels with the 90mm stock pulley and no other mods. I think I saw some earlier mention of 5 psi, but the 90mm pulley is advertised at 7.5 psi.
- The website talks about a 3/36 warranty. How does this work exactly? Is this with the 90mm pulley and Roush tuning only?
- Do I need to step up to the 82mm pulley and a different tune to get into the 10's?
- The Track Pack comes with 3.73 gears, is this too much for an SC?
- I've seen people talk about melting cats with superchargers. Would this be an issue with the base kit (and maybe 82 mm pulley) or is it really just a problem if you're running a lot more boost and other mods?

Thanks.

03MUSCLE

03 MUSCLE
Established Member
Get the S/Cer and be done, it keeps the factory power train warrenty for 3/36, And the 3;73's are perfect for a factory boosted 5.0. I see 10's in your future with "driver mod".
Oh and Roush dose not sell the driver mod .....sorry!!

Users who are viewing this thread