looking at S/C's

sonichog

Established Member
Can anyone help me please ...? I am buying a used 98 Cobra with 40000 miles and want to slap on a S/C what's the best bang for the buck...? Also, what HP gains can I expect and can these be had used somewhere... ?

thanks,
SHOG

Booyah

Cantankerously Blunt
Established Member
If you want to go centrifugal supercharger, Paxton, Vortech or Procharger are all very good choices.

ON EDIT: You should be able to break the 400 rwhp mark out of the box.

SNK BITN

Established Member
Dont forget to do a compression test on your new purchase so you know if the motor is healthy enough to take the abuse

jo2fst4u

Established Member
I am looking at getting Kenne Bell, I have had Votech s-trim on my notchback it was a beast ran 11.20's this 96 cobra is my street car and the Kenne Bells look like a good way to go. anyone have tips on them?

thanks

USMCracing

Established Member
Hey man there is a Pro Charger that'll fit your Cobra for sale on The Market. The guy is asking $3500 and the kit brand new in box. Good Luck, have you engine checked out first or you'll blow that 32v.

Dino S.

Established Member
what is meant by check the motor? Would a compression check suffice or is there more? Also, what are healthy compression number and variance numbers?

huffed94cobra

Just finishing up the install of kenne bell blowzilla on my 94 cobra. Anyone with any know how can install this kit. Very through instrustions. The best part about the twin screw is full boost at 1800 rpm. The price from them was $3300 and all that wasn't included were spark plugs.

alkyula

Originally posted by Dino S.
what is meant by check the motor? Would a compression check suffice or is there more? Also, what are healthy compression number and variance numbers?

same here ill be going to FI soon..besides a compression check is there anything else to check on my motor? and also id like to know the variance numbers on the compression also. thx

Users who are viewing this thread