Looking for 94-95 Cobra's w/ Incon turbo kit.

Rara

Established Member
Hey guys, its been a while since I've been on here . . .

anyway, I'm trying to hunt down anyone w/ a 94-95 Cobra (or even GT) w/ an incon turbo kit that is otherwise pretty much stock.

What I would really like is detailed installation pictures, etc. and even some shots of the turbos from under the car after install is complete. I want to see some detail on how the turbos fit in there around the SN95 accesory routing and the K-member.

Any help would be great guys. Thanks.

chknhwk

Dude! Don't hijack his thread, this is very technical, tedious information he is trying to gather!! :D

Oh come on Rara, it's only turbos. Bolt em on and go!

Rara

Established Member
gee, thanks guys, lol.

I have a couple options of how to mount the turbos/ route the exhaust manifolds, one is the more or lest standard junkyard turbo routing mounting on the forward corners of the engine compartment, where the battery and air filter go stock. This is all well and good, but requires battery relocation, and gives me a lot of difficulty getting around the a/c compressor and lines, and the PS pump; plus I lose any stealth factor when peering under the hood. The other option is to mimic the incon layout, which has its own packaging issues, but can be ideal from a manifold design standpoint. Since it has been done before this way, and commercially to boot, I would like to look it over to see how they solved some of the packaging issues . . .

Also, I'm getting to the point where I really want to start my own performance company, and one of the items I would like to offer is a properly designed and constructed turbo kit that will more or less bolt on to an otherwise stock car. This would have to include cast iron manifolds, and the only real way to do this is somehting similar to the incon (or DDMI) manifolds.

As far as the company goes, I'm hoping to have things started, and open to sell at least a small selection of parts before the end of the year. We'll have to see though, I have a lot to learn about the financial and legal aspects of it before I jump in though.

95Mike

Kick-Ass Grocery-Getter!
Established Member
You have the engine bay of a 5.0 mustang and you are having trouble stashing a couple turbos in there?:shrug: :p

Stealth? Psshhh. Just don't open the hood.:coolman: Or you could design one of those "cat-back turbos."

chknhwk

How in tarnation did you think you were going to have any stealthability with two turbos in there anyway? Maybe for my eight year old. :D
Seriously, it's been awhile since I've seen the engine bay of a 5.0. Almost three years since I sold my '91 - I have to deal with the 4.6 now. I'd love to help but I doubt I'd be able to.
I'll be in MI this weekend but I don't know if it would do you any good. :D

Got Incon?

Government Slave
Established Member
You can barely see the turbos in a Incon car, and then only if you know what to look for. Looks like a car with headers.

Rara, the 87-93 kit is not much different than the sn-95 kit although I can't nail down what is different.

I have been thinking of selling my incon kit for the fox.

Bryon

Rara

Established Member
Originally posted by Got Incon?
Rara, the 87-93 kit is not much different than the sn-95 kit although I can't nail down what is different.

I have been thinking of selling my incon kit for the fox.

Bryon

Well, for me its more about what is different on the SN95 itself vs. the fox than between the two kits. I'm hoping to get a decent eyeball look at what I'm trying to "copy" so I can have a headstart on building these dumb headers :D

btw, if you do ever sell your kit, give me a holler, I might be interested, or might know someone interested.

Got Incon?

Government Slave
Established Member
well, the biggest thing I remember is that the antilock brake unit must be moved out of the way. Other than that, i don't recall much, but if you need to know, I do know who to ask.

Rara

Established Member
Originally posted by NoMoSnake
Isn't Incon out of business?

Yeah, but I'm pretty sure that Dave Inall didn't run around stealing all the kits he had sold already prior to running his second turbo kit company into the ground with poor business practices.

chknhwk

Ouch.

Hey Rara, next time I'm in MI I'll hit you up and see what you've got planned. I should have tried this weekend but I was so busy!
I'll look for some Incon stuff for you, too. :D

Users who are viewing this thread