Looking for '99-'01 L

PIXER

Banned
Sold the Cobra- Finally

I need to go to something cheap that I can pay cash for, but after taking a '99 L out the other day, for the day, I Really Really want one. (Always wanted one, took a few on test drives, but this one was modified and I had it for almost the whole day)

Here is what I am willing to offer:
'99 w/ under 100k= ~$10,500
'00 w/ under 100k= ~$11,500
'01 w/ under 100k= ~$13,500

I can work w/ price, but this is what my ideal prices are.
Even w/ an '01 I can only go out 48months (due to year)
I understand how much it sucks when selling you vehicle, Hell I tried for over 3 months to sell my '03 Cobra and went down over $3k in price

The reason I didn't buy the local was because it had 85k miles, was in an accident in '03, some idiot had towed w/ it using the rear bumper (Had no trailer hitch, had a ball on the bumper and scraped paint all around)
Since this was a dealer, I offered $10,500 but would have settled for $11,500.
The lowest they wanted to go was $13,800 (They were asking $14,950 and this is not a "Model A" dealership)
The truck was white, had a badly worn drivers side seat, Ruffer trans shift/shift kit, intake, 4lb lower, I asume a tune, a flowmaster CB, a cervani's hood, '01 tails, chrome grill, new tires all around, oh yeah, and no spare, chipped paint (not usual spots) it looked like it sat crooked, oh yeah and the rear end was Caked w/ fluid.
SO I didn't think the damn thing was worth $13,800.

Please let me know, I am in rather of a rush seeing as how I am barrowing the GF Liberty and the little brothers Tiberon to get where I need to go.
I am located in KS (Overland Park/Olathe area, more noticeably ~20 miles from Kansas City) and am willing to travel if the price is right.
Color dosen't matter much however I really thought I liked the white, but when I showed up in it the GF was discusted and swore that it looked "mexi" :rollseyes
(913) 449-6296 ANYTIME!!!!!!!!!! Just leave a message if I don't answer.
Would LOVE to have something by This coming up Wendsday.
Mark

flamedlightning

Check out my o1 lightning for sale in the fourm. I doubt you're going to find a quality lightning for under 13k, but you get what you pay for. I'm only asking 19.5k for mine. Plus my credit union will go 72-120 months on my lightning.

02JoeGhost

Boost it hard
Established Member
No offense man but you are dreaming a those prices, hell I sold my 02 with 100K on the clock for 17K. The only you are gonna find L's in those prices ranges is if they are pretty beat. The least you can expect to pay is 15K for a clean 99-00, looking at around 17K-23K for a clean 01 and up.

Joe

PistolWhip

Resident Man Dime
Established Member
Those prices are a pipe dream man. If you really want a Gen II Lightning, your gonna have to cough up a few more green backs.
I understand your frustration with having to drop the price on your Cobra to sell it, but you have to considder two things. #1, the time of the year that you were trying to sell was not exactly the best time of year to sell a car like that. #2, Lightnings are not as readily available on the market as Cobras. Cobras are awesome cars, but there are allot more for sale than there are Gen II Lightnings for sale.
I am probably going to get serious about selling my L this spring. I have a 02 with under 6k miles on it and I'm going to ask about $23k. Most will agree that at that price, a L with that many miles is a steal.

ARBO

Y2KSVT
PIXER - I agree, you need to get real on your prices. We would all own two, at least, if those were the prices of Lightnings. If you get offered an L for those prices I highly recommend you check it out VERY good.

PIXER

Banned
PistolWhip said:
Those prices are a pipe dream man. If you really want a Gen II Lightning, your gonna have to cough up a few more green backs.
I understand your frustration with having to drop the price on your Cobra to sell it, but you have to considder two things. #1, the time of the year that you were trying to sell was not exactly the best time of year to sell a car like that. #2, Lightnings are not as readily available on the market as Cobras. Cobras are awesome cars, but there are allot more for sale than there are Gen II Lightnings for sale.
I am probably going to get serious about selling my L this spring. I have a 02 with under 6k miles on it and I'm going to ask about $23k. Most will agree that at that price, a L with that many miles is a steal.

I'm sorry but I must disagree.
The Lightning )2nd gen) was/ has been around since 99-04 (duh, u have to know this)
The truely desireable Cobras have been since '03-'04.
The L's hold their value unbelieveably well.
There are 17 L's for sale withing 250miles of me currently and only 6 Cobras,
again thanks,

fast1

I want a Cobra
Established Member
PIXER said:
Sold the Cobra- Finally

I need to go to something cheap that I can pay cash for, but after taking a '99 L out the other day, for the day, I Really Really want one. (Always wanted one, took a few on test drives, but this one was modified and I had it for almost the whole day)

Here is what I am willing to offer:
'99 w/ under 100k= ~$10,500
'00 w/ under 100k= ~$11,500
'01 w/ under 100k= ~$13,500

Mark

Here ya go! Hope I don't get into trouble for posting this link :shrug:
http://www.nloc.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=114470

jdubya

Established Member
I myself would be very suspicious if someone was selling an L under 100K miles for $11K. It's either got mechanical issues or is a salvage rebuild.

DOHC Holliday

robot clean
Established Member
PIXER said:

Your original post seems to suggest the opposite. I really do wish you the best, and perhaps a miracle is in your near future.

PIXER

Banned
handsome devil said:
Your original post seems to suggest the opposite. I really do wish you the best, and perhaps a miracle is in your near future.

Well, a '99 L was only $30k New, and for 7 years old, I think 1/3 is not to shabby

What????

Established Member
I found two 2000 Ls in my state for under $14k, one was $13k. They had 83k and 91k miles, so they are out there.

Check the Lightning owners forum, you'll see deals pretty often in there.

What????

Established Member
BTW, you better jump on the 1999 white L forsale on here. He wants $14k and it has 57k miles, you won't find a better deal for a loooong while.

CKERR134

stangfan
Established Member
i tell you what

you find a lightning thats in your price range with under 100k i will give you 3,000 over what you pay the same day instant profit, but i wont have to worry about that cause it wont happen. I think the lightning might be out of your league buddy try somthing else dahhhhhhhhhh

PIXER said:
I'm sorry but I must disagree.
The Lightning )2nd gen) was/ has been around since 99-04 (duh, u have to know this)
The truely desireable Cobras have been since '03-'04.
There are 17 L's for sale withing 250miles of me currently and only 6 Cobras,
again thanks,

02JoeGhost

Boost it hard
Established Member

Users who are viewing this thread