looking for a 2000 lightning

eduardo4671

Established Member
Yesterday i did a test drive of a 2000 ford lightning the only thing i notice was that it have 132,000 miles kind of high but the truck looked nice, few details on it. The guy is asking $10,000 or best offer, it could be a good option or I'm just asking for troubles with that mileage? i need some help please, also I'm worried about the mpg because it is going to be my dd I'm also considering a 99/01 cobra as an option, what do you think guys? how do you like your lightnings? i need some help.

Last edited:

JetmechF16

Under Pressure
Established Member
Premium Member
Top Shelf Gentlemen
That's a couple grand too high for a high mileage '99/'00. I paid $9k for my '99 two years ago, it had 108k.

Fade 2 Black

Gen 2 Diehard
Established Member
If gas mileage is of concern then look elsewhere, 15-16 mpg is the BEST you'll ever see and I doubt you'll ever drive it easy enough to see that high.

As for the price, low ball the guy and see if he bites.

Ralph50

Speed Addict
Established Member
I am getting about 10 mpg.

The gas gauge acts more like a clock than a gauge.

jvert

Established Member
A lightning isn't a good dd if your looking for good mpg. Check to see if he has maintenance records. Take it to get a compression test. Good luck!

lubrizolsfin3st

Established Member
Mines pretty much stock except for CAI and gets a mind blowing 13 mpg and I drive it 60 miles round trip from work. But it's a truck

Sent from your Lubrizolsfin3st
iPhone using Tapatalk

2001SVTMAN

Established Member
offer him 8000 then when he says no tell him youll bring him 8800 cash the next day and stick out your hand for a shake. That should get it done, if you play it like Paul Newman and keep your cool during the whole thing. Good luck and let us know what happens.

Users who are viewing this thread