Looking for a 99 or 01 Cobra

trolls56

Established Member
Im in search for a newer cobra. I want a 4 valve pretty bad and like the 99+ body style some much better. Well so does anyone know where any are for sale around Las Vegas? What is a good price for a 99? Looked at a black 99 with wheels gears lowered with 40000 miles and they wanted 20 for it. That a lil high?

BLKCobra01

Established Member
That seems a little high considering the market right now. I'd be happy if someone paid me $24k for mine and it's a 01 with nearly half the miles. It's defiantly a buyers market, good for you bad for everyone trying to sell.

cm01Snake

Established Member
I bought my 01 from a ford dealer for 25k with 4,000 miles back in FEB 03. so what ever you are looking at try to go off that # since they were selling it for KKB. not sure what it is now but i bet its close. good luck.

High-G Racing

Established Member
Yeah, $20K is very high for a '99. I was in the market for a Cobra for about 2.5 months, and I found several at MUCH more reasonable prices than that. I found one green one, completely stock except for BBS wheels and new Toyo tires (she included the original wheels, and a set of Nitto 555s with 1500 miles on them as well) for $15,000.00. Unfortunately, the other guys deposit got there before mine did.

So, I waited around for about another week, and I ran across the '99 that I have now: $15,400.00

'99 White Cobra
Pauls High Performance Intake
Sean Hyland Motorsports 300 Stroker
w/ Stage 1 heads and Cams
BBK Long Tube Headers
Autologic Chip (which will be replaced fairly soon)
WMS Velocity Tube
Steeda Underdrive Pullies
VRS X-Pipe
Magnaflow Catback
3.55 Gears
Dyno'd at 329.7 RWHP

Unfortunately, the guy neglected to mention that there is something wrong with the SHM Stroker, and it's sucking down about a quart of oil every 600 miles. Thanks to this, the wrist pins on the #1 and #2 pistons have crapped out on me. Now I'm looking at another $3,500.00 to get new pistons, rods, balance, and riding my R1 in the middle of the rainy season for 2 weeks.

The real kicker is, SHM told the guy that this oil consumption was "normal"... Kinda makes me wonder what a problem engine would be....No drain plug, maybe?

Anyway, I know where there is at least one '99 Black with dark gray interior, 51K miles, and the guy wants $15,000.00. My woman is currently trying to get rid of her '01 V6 Camero to get it. If you are serious, and willing to drive it a bit, then I will be happy to let you know where.

High-G

P.S.
If anyone has had similar experiences with ANY Cobra engine sucking down the oil, drop me a line, please. I'm getting more and more upset by the moment.
:gt:

99SVTcobraVERT

with heads/cams/chip/long tubes/vel tube/ud pulleys/catback/and x pipe you only making 329rwhp...? anyone but me think that is little off and little low? considering the guy above you just has lower intake ported and shorties with similar maybe less and makes more power than you w/o the stroker/heads/cams..... i dont think your motor prob is normal. and if it is f*ck going NA like i had planned with a stroker...

High-G Racing

Established Member
Yeah, my engine IS having problems. I just found out that I'm gonna have to shove a new short block in it. SHM uses a .30 over in their strokers with a 3.7" stroke. That means that if you fugg-up a cylinder, then you have to replace the block, or go for the BIG bore, and completely re-sleeve it. The re-sleeve is about $3,000.00 more than the new block.

He has offered to pay half the cost of repairs, but I haven't decided if I should just sue him and the dealership that was representing the car, or not. I have proof that he knew about the oil problem, and I was never informed of it.

Anyway, I digress. The heads and cams are VERY mild:

SHM Stage 1 Heads: Recontoured bowl and short turn radius, multi-angled valve seat, SHM exclusive stainless valves, hardened steel retainers, hardened locks, mag bronze guides.

SHM Stage 1 Cams: .452 lift intake .452 exhaust, 209 duration at .050, intake and exhaust. Idles at 900.

With decent head work, I've been told that I will be looking at around 425 RWHP. I have no clue, though. I'm not even sure how much HP I'm loosing on the #1 and #2 cylinders, right now.

Anyway, that's my story in short.

High-G

High-G Racing

Established Member
As much as I hate to admit it NOS, I think you're quite correct. It looks like I'm going to more than likely wind up sueing the guy and the dealership that I got the damned car from for all these engine problems. My life is going to wide up getting REALLY complicated in the next few days.

What I was originally trying to get at was, Trolls56, you can get a NICE '99 Cobra for $15,000.00-$16,500.00 pretty easily. And an '01 (with factory warranty) for $20,000.00 to $23,000.00. A good place to start looking is eBay. There are several on there right now that I am watching for my woman. She's snake-bit, now! If she doesn't get that damned Camero out of my driveway pretty quick, I'm gonna burn it! :burn:

By the way, I'm Major, and I live in Central Texas. I believe that this will be my forth (4th) post. I'm glad to be here, guys, and I look forward to talking with you guys.

Major
High-G

Last edited:

trolls56

Established Member
Id really like to get a black 01 coupe with black interior with exaust shifter lowered and gears already. the 99 i was talkin bout is exactly what i want. Thats why 20 didnt look that bad to me.

99saleenspeedster

Established Member
I sold my '01 Cobra Convertible for $22,000 last November. It had Eibach Springs, Ford Motorsport Cobra R's, GT Side Scoops, 4.30 Gear, Livernois Motorsports Chip, K&N, Flowmasters, and a Tri-Ax.

-Rick

Last edited:

99SVTcobraVERT

oh my god... i dont know what is more scary..... that car or someone that actually bid 24,900 for it....i cant believe it!! someone actually put in a bid for it!!! one word comes to mind when i see that cobra, actually several. #1 first and foremost is RICE. #2 is that it belongs on molestedcars.com for real. FAKE cobra R, f*cked up looking saleen "type" spoiler design...blue vaccum hose on black car.....no. lets see.... riced out cobra r style hood. also looks like rear bumper is no longer factory bumper, it just has stick on letters that say "COBRA". you sure you didnt find that on the set of fast and the furious 2? dude if you buy that car you cant post on here, lol jk. but for real dont talk to me if you buy that "thing" poor cobra.....poor poor cobra.....

99SVTcobraVERT

p.s. anybody else notice the "optional cassette player" on an 01 with 6disk in dash....lol.....and reserve STILL isnt met on that car @ 24,900. if i had that car and could get some idiot to pay 24,900 for it id take the money and run like a thief. that car is NOT worth anywhere near 25k....

trolls56

Established Member
Yeah i saw those to but the thing is i want a black one and those are too far away. the one in iowa is close to where i might be moving. i like the blue loom but wasnt sure bout the body kit do like that it looks lowered and sitting on 18s.

High-G Racing

Established Member
Trolls56, personally, if it were me and I was going to be able to spend $20K+ on a car I would get a box stock '99 and put the $5K into mod MYSELF. That way I knew exactly what went on the car and how it was taken car of after... But that's just me.

If you get the '99, and look for deals on all the goodies, you would even have enough left to stick '01 interior in it. It might take you a month or 2 after you get the car, but then you can truely appreciate your new power.

High-G

Raven99

Established Member
I may be in the market to sell my '99 vert.

If you're still in Vegas it wouldn't take much to see and drive it in person.

Shoot me an e-mail for pictures and details.

It has most of what you're looking for.

99SVTcobraVERT

black is THE easiest color to find for sale.... its the most produced number and lots of people like to sell black after a year or two when the nice new shiney blk factory paint dont look so new anymore (the ones that dont wash it every other day and wax it) no flame on blk cobra's because i had one for 2 years (94 coupe)

Users who are viewing this thread