Looking for a battery cover

ditchsnake

Established Member
I used to have a Stainless battery cover, but sold it. It's just a box with a cover to hide the battery in the stock location. Made out of polished sainless. I can't find one online. There is a local mustang shop that has them but they want 180 for one. I'm sure they can be had online. Any help. thanks

venom1997

Screwed by the Twins
Established Member
A while back in my summit racing catalog the calander car was an 03-04 red cobra, and had a sick polished cover with a cobra engraved. I wish i could find one like that.

ditchsnake

Established Member
Stock battery

The one for the optima is not the one i need, but thank you. i've been able to find those. The one i am looking for is just a square SS box with a lid. They are polished and look and work great. just can't find one.

black 10th vert

Established Member
What do they do to protect the top post terminals from shorting against the cover? I've thought about making one out of aluminum, or stainless myself, but was worried about shorting the terminals if the cover ever touched.

ditchsnake

Established Member
no protection

If you ever crushed the lid, it would surly short out. The cover I'm looking for is built stout. It has two large thumb screws to hold the lid the the box and would take a lot of force before it could short things out.

Users who are viewing this thread