instead of running the tube all the way back to the air intake
boot. Im looking for that filter, where to get it, and maybe a
part number. I just welded me up a new MAF to TB pipe and
its clean looking without the connection tube for that IAC, and
I want to leave it that way. Thanks

DVJ38

One mod at a time
Established Member
That is dumb. You do know that will **** up the idle right?

Sent from my HTC Rezound using Tapatalk

98fourvalve

Established Member
I have NEVER seen this... There was another one of these stupid threads that popped up somewhere and I passed on the urge to laugh at it. Terrible idea OP.

OP if you have any pictures or links or anything that you could post in here of this then please do. My weekend sucks... and I'm sure 5 minutes of laughter may help...

Max97COBRAtkd

Established Member
I have NEVER seen this... There was another one of these stupid threads that popped up somewhere and I passed on the urge to laugh at it. Terrible idea OP.

OP if you have any pictures or links or anything that you could post in here of this then please do. My weekend sucks... and I'm sure 5 minutes of laughter may help...

I LOL'd :D

badblacklx

Established Member
No need in giving guy hard time...this is a technical forum is it hard to keep it that?
Op as stated that is metered air and it will cause all kind of problems you don't want if you put a filter on iac.

-Cody

ANIMOSITY

US ARMY RECON
Established Member
Alright now I like how all the Jackass's come out when someone asks a question. Forgot that this dam site was full of "F"in Ford engineers.

Anyway, I know Ive seen it done. But Im thinking that maybe the car was running some kind of aftermarket EFI, and may have been setup for speed density.
Sorry for wasting all you Experts time. Wont happen again.

scottg

it's good to be blown
Established Member
Alright now I like how all the Jackass's come out when someone asks a question. Forgot that this dam site was full of "F"in Ford engineers.

Anyway, I know Ive seen it done. But Im thinking that maybe the car was running some kind of aftermarket EFI, and may have been setup for speed density.
Sorry for wasting all you Experts time. Wont happen again.

Calm down man, there were some serious responses after the first few. Your question was answered. And do you really want to have that "clean" look only to know you're going to dump a good amount of money into a different efi setup? Not really worth it, imo. Good luck in your future endeavors.

Tabres

Not without incident
Established Member

I bet you think you're real cool, don't you?

ANIMOSITY

US ARMY RECON
Established Member
Calm down man, there were some serious responses after the first few. Your question was answered. And do you really want to have that "clean" look only to know you're going to dump a good amount of money into a different efi setup? Not really worth it, imo. Good luck in your future endeavors.

Hey, my response was not directed to the people who were serious about my question. I know that there are a lot of great people on here. Its the few JACKA$$'s that piss me off. I also notice that the punks are all relatively new here.
And to your point, No I'm not going to spend the cash just to clean my intake a little. I had realized how it was done after the first post, when I was sitting on the throne doing some thinking.

Last edited:

USMC53CHIEF

Established Member
wow that is a little different, never seen it before... whats the advantage besides just being different.. not being a smartass, just not familiar with that

fast ford brian

Established Member
That car was using a Chevy style iac for better control of the tuning . It uses an adapter plate and un metered air flow . Mainly used on pushrod 5.o's with turbos and F.A.S.T type setups. You can set the idle with a turn of the pintel inside the iac instead of with a volt meter .

Users who are viewing this thread