looking for a new auto insurance company

v8venomgt

Established Member
i got into a small accident in the dd a few weeks ago. imo, state farm (my current provider) is cheaping out on small piddly crap that used to be covered. ie, they no longer use OEM parts. they use aftermarket cheapo products. i also have a document from state farm saying that they authorize used/"recycled parts which may have been previously installed on another vehicle." i also have rental coverage in my policy. however state farm now expects the end user to pay the taxes on the rental usage duration. it didnt used to be this way, in either scenario. imo, im paying a premium for the name of state farm, and im not really receiving any exemplary service or product that goes above and beyond the probably higher insurance rates that follow the state farm name/history.

ive never considered leaving state farm up until this. im not interested in the cheapest provider. im most interested in the fairest provider with reasonable rates and good service. from what ive seen allstate is a shitty company not wanting to pay out on claims and try to weasel their way out. im looking for a 2 car policy, probably rental coverage in the near future as well. any leads/experiences/horror stories of providers?

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
I love USAA, if you are prior service or had parents that were, then you are eligible. They have always done right by me. I have also used them for auto loans, pain free comes to mind when dealing with USAA...

FordTech24

Established Member
I compare Insurance companies about once a year and around my area All State was cheapest which I was totally surprised, There is Safeco around me which was same price for same coverage but since I have All State I just stuck with them. Compare at leasest 5 companies.

charba951

BOOSTTD
Established Member
I love USAA, if you are prior service or had parents that were, then you are eligible. They have always done right by me. I have also used them for auto loans, pain free comes to mind when dealing with USAA...

^ +1. Parents have USAA on all three of our vehicles, and they love the company as a whole.

This. If possible go with USAA. They have the best customer service hands down.

LogiWorld123

Established Member
state farm tried the same with me for "OEM-like" parts until i kept sending it back to the shop. the front bumper never fit right, and id ask for an appraiser to come out and agree with me to rinse lather repeat until they finally broke down and forked over the $1500 for an OEM bumpter that amazingly fit fine.

svtaddict

Established Member
my brother works at a barber shop and told me all insurance companys are required to use oem parts only if the car is less than six years old

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
my brother works at a barber shop and told me all insurance companys are required to use oem parts only if the car is less than six years old

I have heard the same thing as well and that if they require non-OEM parts (IE either if OEM are no longer available or if they have a lengthy lead time) they must get your approval.

When I boo-boo'd in my Cobra they asked if non-OEM fenders were fine so they could get the car back to me quicker. Told them if it fits same and works the same go for it. Wouldve taken 4-6wks to get a goddamn MUSTANG drivers fender, 1wk for replica. Nobody was the wiser. Dude said he had the easiest time ever with the front bumper, found a place in socal that had a bunch of 03/04 Cobra fronts first call, had it to the shop in 2 days.

10splaya22

Established Member
I have USAA and although i've never used it, if I ever need to change anything or call them they are always fast to help and friendly

usmcsvt98

A day in the life
Established Member
I can't stand usaa, they screwed me and a buddy. Although they are great for a lot of people. Progressive has been great for me and they are also good with motorcycles!

Mikeyb619

Cobra Commander
Established Member
I compare Insurance companies about once a year and around my area All State was cheapest which I was totally surprised, There is Safeco around me which was same price for same coverage but since I have All State I just stuck with them. Compare at leasest 5 companies.

as some one in the insurance industry i definitely recommend this. every company has different rates in different areas depending on how much they pay out in the general area. I.E. even if ur accident free and there were a TON of accidents in ur area that ur company paid out for, your rates will feel it.

-loyalty while it feels nice doesn't necessarily mean squat when it comes to ur rates. thats their way of trying to keep u with them.

I deal with homeowners primarily but i've saved people $1,000's by switching to us when they were a company for 20+ years. Also sometimes our rates come in way over other companies....its all in the area and the amount the company paid out around there. CHECK YEARLY!!!

Users who are viewing this thread