looking for a reputable shop...

dmark101

dmark101
Established Member
...to get a new fuel pump installed. i can tow the car down there no problem, just want to find a good place that will do the job at a reasonable price and warranty the work.

not too much to ask for, right? :shrug:

i'm out near the 57/60, so LA/OC area is best for me. thanks. :beer:

Seabiscuit

GIDDY-UP!!!
Established Member
The BIG THREE generally accepted ones in the LA area are:

1. GTR Performance in Rancho Cucamonga
2. RET in Downey
3. ST Motorsports in San Bernardino

I have tried GTR, RET and ST Motorsports in varying capacities. Here are some my personal observations. Take them for just that—nothing more, nothing less:

1. All are about the same distance from you so the drive time shouldn’t really be a factor.
2. All are all full service shops (may factor into your decision if you decide to become a repeat customer).
3. All were willing to work with me and gave me a discount (military).
4. ST Motorsports seemed much less apt to get back in touch with me. RET and GTR were both great.

Hope this helps.

dmark101

dmark101
Established Member
The BIG THREE generally accepted ones in the LA area are:

1. GTR Performance in Rancho Cucamonga
2. RET in Downey
3. ST Motorsports in San Bernardino

I have tried GTR, RET and ST Motorsports in varying capacities. Here are some my personal observations. Take them for just that—nothing more, nothing less:

1. All are about the same distance from you so the drive time shouldn’t really be a factor.
2. All are all full service shops (may factor into your decision if you decide to become a repeat customer).
3. All were willing to work with me and gave me a discount (military).
4. ST Motorsports seemed much less apt to get back in touch with me. RET and GTR were both great.

Hope this helps.
that helps a ton! thanks. :)

dmark101

dmark101
Established Member
ok, time for an update:

had the car towed over to GTR. guys over there took a look, ran a couple of diagnostics and it turned out the culprit was a dying battery. thing wouldn't hold much of a charge and the low voltage is what was causing the pump not to prime.

i wound up putting a yellow top in there and the car has been running fine.

gotta hand it to the guys at GTR. they helped figure out what the real problem was and got it taken care of right away. :)

Brutal Metal

Established Member
^^ NICE outcome a shady place would have bought a replacement battery the same as your dead one and jacked up the price on a fuel pump install and the part without even doing that work...

Seabiscuit

GIDDY-UP!!!
Established Member
^^GTR has always taken care of me, above and beyond. Wouldn't expect any less. Good to hear you were taken care of.

Users who are viewing this thread