Looking for advice and opinions

cclark

Established Member
Mike...that's good advice man and I'm pretty sure I would've considered the boss if the 13 Shelby was still the same hp and everything as the 11-12s but being that a 13 with bolt ons can get nearly 750 wheel (lower pulley and full exhaust and tune) I don't know if a supercharged boss is even worth it at that point. I considered modding the poop out of a gt 5.0 (blower or go auto and do a turbo kit) but I know if I don't keep it forever i will lose so much money it would be sickening.

Lmao you know devious not kidding around I caught myself looking at 09 and 10 gtr's low miles in the mid 60s...but in the end I'm not ready for a full automatic sports car (and the dual clutch paddle shift can only be so much fun) if it had like a manual valve body type deal I would consider it more lol.

And lethal, yes very very good point. The gtr and h/c/I z are all more than my price range, my price range being a brand new Shelby for mid 60s tops...so an older 09/10 gtr or 2010-2012 z would be near that price range...a new z or gtr is way over my limit :/ which sucks, wish I was rich so I could have a AMS gtr and a UGR Lambo lol but then again I want a manny tranny 8^)

kirks5oh

kirks5oh
Established Member
The not having back seats wouldn't bother me at all luckily at this point in my life, I'm younger and don't have a wife or kids yet and want to an enjoy a nice toy for a couple years and take it to shows and play around with it before its time to get all serious. I am sure I could do some things myself, heads and cam would be past my knowledge and experience and expertise lol but 10 grand is not horrendous for all those mods considering it would yield close to 600 to the wheels. Definitely a good point about the motors, 5.8 being a brand new motor and the tried and true ls7 ol push rod

i was less than $10k and i did h/c/i/exhaust/clutch/tune/etc. and i didn't take the cheap shop either. very happy with the car, so far. i've had zero issues (knock on wood) and the car is just plain nuts--nothing compares. the only thing i'd add to the vette if i could would be the magnetic ride. we'll see how i like the gt500 once i can really open it up. i've noticed the tires on this car do NOT work well when cold--its actually a little dangerous

phil123

Established Member
The F1 tires scare me when cold. If you give it a little power forgetting the tires are cold things can get out of hand very quickly. Thinking of moving over to Pilot SS's just for that reason.

cclark

Established Member
i was less than $10k and i did h/c/i/exhaust/clutch/tune/etc. and i didn't take the cheap shop either. very happy with the car, so far. i've had zero issues (knock on wood) and the car is just plain nuts--nothing compares. the only thing i'd add to the vette if i could would be the magnetic ride. we'll see how i like the gt500 once i can really open it up. i've noticed the tires on this car do NOT work well when cold--its actually a little dangerous

That's freaking awesome man! It's gotta be a good feeling when you have a decent amount of shit done to your car and your had no issues whatsoever. Under 10 grand makes me feel good, that's all I would want for mods.

That stinks the Shelby is off to a bad start for you and you have to worry about your new clutch, as anyone else would be in your situation. Hmm that's strange about those tires being a little slick when they're cold. There's a video floating around about why svt chose 285s, which I can't imagine the reasoning ever. You gonna put some 315 mt drag radials on there?

cclark

Established Member
The F1 tires scare me when cold. If you give it a little power forgetting the tires are cold things can get out of hand very quickly. Thinking of moving over to Pilot SS's just for that reason.

Pilot SS's are the same as on a continental c6z correct? I hear they're sticky!!

kirks5oh

kirks5oh
Established Member
That's freaking awesome man! It's gotta be a good feeling when you have a decent amount of shit done to your car and your had no issues whatsoever. Under 10 grand makes me feel good, that's all I would want for mods.

That stinks the Shelby is off to a bad start for you and you have to worry about your new clutch, as anyone else would be in your situation. Hmm that's strange about those tires being a little slick when they're cold. There's a video floating around about why svt chose 285s, which I can't imagine the reasoning ever. You gonna put some 315 mt drag radials on there?

i'm an optimist. i've bitched quite a bit about the gt500, but i'm going to give it a shot. it just sucks, its about to get cold here and i won't be able to drive it shortly. 315's are a must with this car.

i've been very pleased with the vette. i've over modded several cars in the past, and want to avoid doing that in the future--its a fine line

cclark

Established Member
i'm an optimist. i've bitched quite a bit about the gt500, but i'm going to give it a shot. it just sucks, its about to get cold here and i won't be able to drive it shortly. 315's are a must with this car.

i've been very pleased with the vette. i've over modded several cars in the past, and want to avoid doing that in the future--its a fine line

Well I think you kinda had a good reason to 'bitch' if you think about it. I know any and every person in here had that happen to them with their brand new Shelby with sub 200 miles on it, the amount of bitching would've been at least the same!

I'm just glad a new one was shipped and installed as quickly as it was Eventho I'm sure it seemed a lot longer for you.

I hear ya on the over modding and unfortunately it really is a fine line between the two, getting a car and putting a little money into mods and making it crazy fast is one thing but dumping all your funds into it only to sell it one day and lose it all is another. Now if you know your gonna keep it forever, as long as you have the funds, and your significant other is fine with it (or they just don't find out) than your fine!

Where abouts are you located? It has been much cooler where I'm at but today has been a freak thing, as is tomorrow I believe. It was 85 today (in Washington, D.C., I live in southern md about 42 miles away) and I'm wondering how much this crazy warm weather is gonna last because ready for the cool fall days of 60-70.

I know the mods I will purchase whenever I choose and by one of the two. These Shelby's need a lethal or revan power package, gears, tires, and a few light suspension mods and they're done. That's amazing. Please keep me and us (forum) posted on your Shelby and your mods. Like I stated before I'm glad your giving it another shot and not disregarding the snake quite yet. Please if you could eventually when you do mod it a little anyway you could review it? And maybe a viable compare? I envy you for being able to simple park one and get in the other, especially both being (or soon to be) modded. Thanks again for the input and advice.

Users who are viewing this thread