Looking for Advice and Suggestions

TruBlue

Established Member
I read the FAQ Page and am starting to do a few things suggested in it.
Just bought a Bassini mid-pipe, cat-back exhaust and a oil seperator. Also bought an Autometer Wideband A/F gauge, Trans Temp gauge, and a Boost gauge to install. Any other suggestions like maybe a water temp gauge to monitor intercooler temp?

Which is the better Cold Air Kit for these trucks. I know they all claim advertise they are best.

Thanks for the help.

J.Rovirosa

Established Member
Anything with heat shielding would be preferable; JLP, Chikenears (no longer being made). I've got the Chikenears and love it because the filter's huge and the AF1 elbow looks sharp, but don't expect enormous gains on a stock-pullied truck. I was checking out Volant's kit since it's plastic and in theory should work better than a heat-absorbing metal CAI box, but have read conflicting information as far as gains with that setup.

SVT-BansheeMan

up the bayou
Established Member
With any aftermarket intake, Id recommend making a sealed airbox that pulls air from outside the engine bay. I need to do that one of these days. I've got a whipple and the airbox pulls nothing but hot air.

WhiTriCobra

PDP
Established Member
When you sit at the red light or stop sign, then yes, your IATtemps will raise with a RAI or non shielded CAI. The second you start to drive, they drop and honestly won't drop any lower while driving, shielded or not shielded. I've datalog that on my Cobra countless times. And that's why I have a RAI on my L. Did on my Cobra but going with a JLT high boost.

TruBlue

Established Member
So any good suggestions on a CAI? I checked out the Volant being the fact it is not a metal pipe kit and thought about going with that. But am open to suggestions.

Users who are viewing this thread