Looking for advice from experience

Willmkent

Established Member
hey guys,

I have been going back and forth for so long over the next step to take on my 5.0. To start, I've owned several mustangs, and they have all been manual, this one is auto due to the fact that it was my fathers and he and I shared a lot of good last times with it, so I sold my manual 15 and kept his.

I have done a few mods here and there and I daily drive the car, even through winter (my second car got totaled by hit and run driver)

I'm debating between doing a nice full ford racing suspension upgrade plus front brembos, and just keeping it that way and trying to squeeze a little more out of the engine and maybe a 3.55 rear end....

Or

I would like to supercharge, roots only. I have a great opportunity to get a roots TVS charger that will make within 500 hp but the TVS no noise from what I've seen and that's a bummer, or I can spend a bit load more to get a whipple which whines like crazy but then am I being silly ?

Lastly, where the the threashold for usable daily driver power and what does reliability look like on these setups, can I have it all? Fast reliable quick?

Thanks

-will

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
I agree the blower whine never appealed to me and Ive had a couple roots set-ups to speak from. Have you entertained a Turbo kit?

The suspension mods and better brakes is great to have but nothing really exciting about that imo.

You can have it all. Anything 600 hp and under will be reliable. Although, the VMP stage II setup with ported blower is making a boat load of power these days.

All will make great power but you jus can't beat the TQ that a Turbo makes and their quiet and simply have far more potential and there is no swapping pulleys to make more power and there is no heat soak when its 90 degrees out.

I can remember going to a Mustang meet several years ago with my TVS set-up and I thought my car was pretty fast and it was but I soon found out that every other Mustang blower set-up there made the same power as mine and I didn't feel so special anymore lol

If performance is what ur after and money isn't the deciding factor I would go Turbo. Im partial to the CPR kit simply cause its the baddest kit on the planet period but there are other kits such as the Armageddon and Hellion Twin kits.

Willmkent

Established Member
turbo would be something very unique on these cars, you are right! seems like SC is very common. Im still on the fence, Im just unsure about how I would use all that power driving around i guess. Ive had several modified cars even an MKIV supra, but the low torque these produce plus more power just seems almost crazy. How do you like to drive yours?

Gr8White5oh

Established Member
I was ready to buy a jtb vortech but just bought a EDP single kit after driving my buddies Paxton car. It left to much to be desired I ran nitrous for a few years and fell in love with the tq and knew I wouldn't be happy with the centri hoping the turbo doesn't let me down! haha like GNBRETT said the ford suspension and brembos are cool and all but if your looking for something that makes you fall in love with the car add pooowwwwwaaaaaaaaa!!! If you only want alot more power some times look at a NX plate kit. If you want to go fast you can if not you don't, its not always there. if you have to drive in snow I wouldn't imagine a PD blower would be on your side. Lol Just my .02!

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
bro when tuned right it drives like stock. the Turbo jus delivers that brutal Torque that my blower car never gave me. TQ is wat u feel wen u say a car is FAST! I have been where you are and trus me make the jump the a Turbo set-up either single or twin. both will make more power then you cud ever use.

Ask any blower guy and he tell you a blower is the way to go. but those are usually opinions from those who have not experienced both on the same car as I have and can tell you in every single way the Turbo is a superior.

go to any car meet and see a modified mustang and 9/10 times its some sort of blower setup. nothn against them they work great especially the VMP setups but its like looking at a bunch of stock cars. Their all the same with all the same mods essentially. TVS, BAP, headers etc....

again, not knocking the blower cars cause I had a TVS and it was fun just not unique. seemed like everywhere I went some dude had a TVS on his car and you know right off the bat how much power his car makes essentially. with a Turbo you have no fuking clue what the guy is making...... cud be 500hp or cud be 1200hp.

a built motor TVS is still limited to the blower output which really isn't all the much especially the 2.3 and if u want to put the bigger blower on it comes on slower but with a built motor and a Turbo power is really unknown to anyone but you. and you never know what someone has inside their motor by jus lookn at it.

if you never smashed the pedal in my car you wud nvr know it has a Turbo but the same cud be said for a blower car I guess during normal driving.

you will want to go faster down the road and with a Turbo its just easier. no pulley swaps jus turn the boost up but with any of these cars u will need fuel system upgrades as u make more power and bottom end upgrades if u push it past 700 hp

turbo would be something very unique on these cars, you are right! seems like SC is very common. Im still on the fence, Im just unsure about how I would use all that power driving around i guess. Ive had several modified cars even an MKIV supra, but the low torque these produce plus more power just seems almost crazy. How do you like to drive yours?

Users who are viewing this thread