Looking for advice regarding school

crizzut

Established Member
So Im a college student, I should be getting my BA in psyc by the end of next year. Then I've got a couple more years after my BA to get my PhD, or PsyD (haven't decided which one). The problem is that I'm getting bored of school. My grades are not a problem, A's-B's, but the problem is Im sick of sitting in classes taking tests and not remembering any of this shit. It seems so pointless, I know I need it to get my degree and I want my degree, but what I want even more is to get out and start a career. Anyone have any advice about beating boredom while being a student? Maybe I should change schools, Cal State Fullerton is overcrowded and understaffed anyways.

Coiled03

Established Member
Take some time off before you pursue your post-graduate degrees. Real world experience will look good on your graduate school applications, not to mention make your classes much more enjoyable because you'll be able to relate the material to real world experiences.

Just be careful you don't wait TOO long to go back. The longer you wait, the more responsibilities you accumulate, and the more difficult attending school becomes.

DrYeRLiNt

Horse From Hell
Established Member
take a fun class, do things to make it go by faster.

for example- i really enjoy my CSIT and Calculus classes, so i dont need a sport or somethin to keep me enjoying my day.

a class they offer at my school thats interesting is movement on stage, your final exam is a stage fight for 5 minutes. thats an example of something you need to keep your interest in going.

goodluck

crizzut

Established Member
I would, but the more BS classes I take the longer I spend in school. What kind of real world experience are you talking about? There ins't much I can do in the field on counseling with only a BA. That's why Im thinking get the graduate degree ASAP, I don't want to be going to school when Im 27-28.

Coiled03

Established Member
What kind of real world experience are you talking about? There ins't much I can do in the field on counseling with only a BA. That's why Im thinking get the graduate degree ASAP, I don't want to be going to school when Im 27-28.

I don't know what kind of experience you can get. Only you can answer that question. BTW, being in school when you're 27 - 28 isn't that big of a deal.

cody_288

Established Member
crizzut said:
I would, but the more BS classes I take the longer I spend in school. What kind of real world experience are you talking about? There ins't much I can do in the field on counseling with only a BA. That's why Im thinking get the graduate degree ASAP, I don't want to be going to school when Im 27-28.

Well what keeps me going is that I'll be able to get a job and buy an 04 cobra... But you already accomplished that so I'm at a loss.:coolman:

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
jknowles4 said:
You keep getting older and the girls stay the same age!!!!

I am in graduate school again. I am in my 30's and the chicks are great. Most are in their mid twenties and love the older, experienced guy:thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread