Looking for another cobra MD/DC/VA

pestilence

Established Member
Ok sports fans you have helped me out before, lets see if you can do it one more time. After being embarassed many times my friend decided to get a cobra and you guys helped me find him one. Now I have one more friend who is tired of describing brake lights and he's hopping on board. So this is what I need 03' cobra, coupe, red, black, or blue (red first choice), new for msrp, or low milage for good price. I have searched autotrader and a few other places but they have cobras with 100 miles and they want 38K, that ain't happening. I am looking in the MD DC VA area but for the right car and price would consider southern PA.

Thanks In Advance

HotRodHarry

Life is short,Live it up!
Established Member
why not just go to www.JackyJones.com and call Jacky up and tell him Harry Mager(Major) sent ya...he has a few there and will do his best to help you out. But remember...ask to talk to Jacky and that Harry Mager from Toms River, New Jersey sent ya. He will have the car delivered too. I have bought 3 from him so far. My dads Satin Silver Coupe..then my Dark Shadow Grey Coupe and now my Moms Black Convertible. That last one we got 2 weeks ago. My mom flew in to Atlanta airport and then Jacky sent someone to pick her up and then she drove it home.

Harry
www.HotRodHarrys.com

03DEMON

Established Member
I have a black 03, with 8000 miles on it all service records, all the mods listed below plus a $3000 4 way power sunroof that makes every mustang owner drool, i ll let it go for 32500 and i live right in fairfax county

95Proof

Established Member
Waldorf Ford in Charles County MD has:
1 Silver coupe, 1 or 2 Redfire coupes, a black coupe, a sonic blue coupe, 2or3 redfire verts 1 w/ chrome wheels - black tops. I think that is all. They are marked 2k over invoice, I met someone at MIR that said he paid sticker price there. Good luck - I stopped by Wed. to look/drool. 03?, 05?,03?,05? It is getting harder to justify waiting for the new body style. The 03's truly rock!

donpablo

Established Member
Bought my Satin Silver 03 Coupe at Koons in Sterling on March 23rd. They had a Redfire Coupe and a Black (think it was a coupe) on the lot.

They went a bit below MSRP with me...but not much.

Check Crystal Ford/Isuzu in Silver Spring too.

Cowles Ford in Woodbridge had a Satin Silver coupe and a Black vert a while ago...may want to check.

Good Luck!
DonPablo in Kosovo

Trader

Established Member
Sheehy ford in gaithursburg MD. Steve francisco.

This dealer sponsers track events. They always have a cobra or two in house and sometimes a used one. The last used one was a black one with really low miles for 31k.

cenwesi

Established Member
Yep, go to Sheehy ford in gaithursburg MD. They always sell their cobra's little below and if u know how to talk the talk then u can walk away from there happy. That is where i also bought my '97 from.

POINTCOVER

Established Member
Apple Ford in Columbia MD. They had three coupes last week. If I remember right. 1 yellow, 1 silver and 1 sonic blue.

predator

Established Member
Cowles Ford in Woodbridge VA does have a few left on the lot. I bought mine there and was very pleased. They were willing to deal with me and I ended up paying almost $2k less than anywhere else and still had some of the "extras".

donpablo

Established Member
2 grand less huh predator? u did good then! they came off of the $800+ paint/frabic sealer B.S. markup..but that was it.

thats why i went to koons in sterling. although i will probably be doing servicing there as I live in dumfries.

he is purvis ford down that way an SVT dealer? any word on how Purvis' service department is?

DonPablo
in Kosovo

predator

Established Member
DonPablo.......yes, Purvis is an SVT dealer. I tried them first, but they were not willing to budge from MSRP. I even put a deposit on one that was being shipped. I happened to check with Cowles after that....told them what I knew the invoice price was....and asked what they were willing to work for me on a car they had on the lot. Needless to say I handed them a check that same day and drove my car home. I drove my car to Purvis,parked it right up front, and got my deposit back. I would have liked to have done business locally, but they wanted to be stubborn about the whole thing telling me that they make it up in customer service. To me $2k back in my pocket is worth something. I had to go back to Cowles for my chrome wheels. Purvis wanted to give me a hard time because I did not buy the car from them. Too bad.

To answer your question more directly, I have friends of mine in their service dept. They generally take good care of you....if you buy your car from them.

Sailing2Smth

Smooth Ass Sailor
Established Member
alls i know is that when i get back to VA in jul, 5k down plus a trade better be good enuff for me to get into an 03!!

so cowles ford eh??? hmm...i bought my 00 v6 stang from them, didnt really like the customer service that i received
:nonono:

03'Darin

Established Member
I've got a sonic blue hard top that just came in and isn't spoken for yet. It is available for MSRP. We are located just north of Harrisburg Pa. Delivery help is even a possability. PM me for more details.

Darin

POINTCOVER

Established Member
Correction...Apple Ford has three coupes: black, dark shadow gray, and red. As of 4/12/03 0900 hours. You might want to call them. They seem to have a ton of SVT vehicles on their lot. Probably get a good deal.

chiliman

Established Member
Below MSRP at Koon's! You did damn good, they must have been in a bind. I've got a friend who is a sales manager for another Koon's and he couldn't get them below sticker just last month.

Cowles can be had at sticker. I got mine at Winchester Ford for sticker.

Anyone have any service history with Cowles? I haven't had the need yet but I'm weary of some of the dealers around here.

Randy

RedfireVenom

11 Second Vert Club
Established Member
I second, Sheehy Ford In Gaithersburg. I got mine for a couple hundred under MSRP. Talk to Steve Francisco. You can also get parts and mods for cost + 15% if you are a Freestate SVTOA member. I think labor for mods is also at a discounted $55. I got my Pro 5.0 shifter and Steeda CAI at the dealership parts department for cheap :) They will take car of you.

Sailing2Smth

Smooth Ass Sailor
Established Member
APR %

for all the guys that are buying from the northern va and md area ford dealerships, are you guys seeing a difference in interest rates? As in if i were to go back to cowles and they would offer me something like a 7% APR (again), is it possible that if i buy in md that i could get a lower APR?

donpablo

Established Member
Sailing, Navy Federal new car rate for 60 mos is 5.7%

Pentagon Federal just went from 4.9% to 3.9% for 60 mos! I gotta refinance to that 3.9% here.

For financing, thats about as good as it gets for our vehicles...can't get much out of a Ford dealer. Probably 7.* %

R/
DonPablo
in Kosovo

Sailing2Smth

Smooth Ass Sailor
Established Member
yea, i don't know how these things work, i'm just tryin not tryin to bend over and take it up the ass just for a cobra ya know:nonono: :p

Users who are viewing this thread