Looking for Dyno Numbers on Sullivan (or other) Intake...

Bob Cosby

Established Member
...I'm going to get started with the rebirth of my Cobra here in the not-to-distant future, and while most things are decided upon, an intake is not. I'm considering a Sullivan EFI intake, though I'd like to see some numbers on it before I decide for sure. Obviously its going to raise the peak HP rpm signficantly, and thats ok, but would be curious to see how much, and also how badly it kills power below ~4500 rpm (don't care about any less than that).

Would be interested in seeing results with other intakes too, if available. Please note that I'm not interested in anything with forced induction.

FYI...combo will be 284 cid, ~11:1, ported 03 heads, FR500 or perhaps a bit more aggressive cams, and supporting mods.

Thanks for any input.

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
i only know one guy using a sullivan intake and it on a TT 03 Cobra...so i am guessing you want N/A numbers correct??

wma8706

Established Member
Wow....The legendary Bob C is asking us for advice?? Isn't it usally the other way around?? LOL....welcome back!

TheHolyCobra

Widened 10th Wheel Guy...
Established Member
Have you considered the FR500 or the Aviator intake? I am sure that Nazman can chime in here, he had VERY good luck with the FR500 unit.

Bob Cosby

Established Member
TheHolyCobra said:
Have you considered the FR500 or the Aviator intake? I am sure that Nazman can chime in here, he had VERY good luck with the FR500 unit.

Yes, but I'm looking for info on the Sullivan.

Bob

E. Green Cobra

Bounced in the 1st!
Established Member
Hatsharpener has/had one on his (n/a) car- I believe he may have even dyno'd(or tracked) it before he found a blown hg- he wasn't ready to share the results then, but he might be willing to shoot you the info?!? (I also believe there was a thread on modfords about it too) at the very least he'll be able to give you his impressions of it. Also Angus has a few nice threads with dyno's of the aviator vs ported stocker vs Naz's fr500 on the corral...

Last edited:

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
Bob Cosby said:
Al and I are good friends. I talk with him often.

Bob

oh i know...i was just curious as to what he said about the sullivan piece

Last edited:

99COBRA2881

Piss on Fox Sports1
Established Member
Hatsharpener,
Please, PM me with the info about the sullivan intake if you would be so kind. I just got a call from my machine shop today that my 284ci, 11:1 c/r, ported 'C' head, FR500 Cammed DOHC is done and ready for me to pick it up. It'd be a damn shame to bottle this engine up with the stock intake manifold. Im looking at other options, rather than the pricey FR500 intake.

Thank you,
Anthony

cobrob

all natural poster
Established Member
yes i've been looking at sullivans too and am wondering about numbers and how
much extras are needed to make em work.

Users who are viewing this thread