Looking For FR500S Springs

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
I need some assistance in tracking down some FR500S springs. They're made by Eibach, and the Ford Performance part numbers are M-5310-A (front) and M-5560-A (rear). I've already come across that single front spring on ebay and a set of the rear ones also on ebay. If somebody can help me find a complete set of the front springs, I'll grab them, if the price is right. If you can find a second front spring, I'll get that one from ebay and the second one from wherever it's found. Either way, if I can get a set of the front springs, I'll grab that rear set off ebay, too.

If that's not possible, a similar set that fits from a reputable manufacturer will do. The spring rates are 500 lbs/in front and 300 lbs/in rear.

HillbillyHotRod

Hooligan rabble rouser
Established Member
Wouldn't mixing different springs cause a problem? Yes they would be the same part number but being from two different places no telling if the rate would still be the same.

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
Wouldn't mixing different springs cause a problem? Yes they would be the same part number but being from two different places no telling if the rate would still be the same.

I meant a comparable complete set (all 4 springs) from another manufacturer. I definitely wouldn't mix springs from different brands.

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
Welp, I found the springs. Eibach still sells them individually, BUT they're coilover springs. So I'll have to convert to a coilover setup, if I want the springs.

What are some good coilover kits out there?

Sent from my BBD100-2 using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Black Cobra '99

Established Member
Eibach has quite a wide collection of coilover springs, you can choose length, diameter and rate. I would think you can get coilover springs that would still fit your struts. I know for sure the rear ones will fit and if need be you can get an adjustable perch for the rear.

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
Eibach has quite a wide collection of coilover springs, you can choose length, diameter and rate. I would think you can get coilover springs that would still fit your struts. I know for sure the rear ones will fit and if need be you can get an adjustable perch for the rear.

I did consider that option, too. I just need to get the measurements of the Pro Kit springs I have on it now. Question, though; would the same spring rates apply for a standard coil spring versus a coilover? Do you think I'd have to maybe do a 550 or 600 lbs/in spring instead of 500 lbs/in for the front? I know that adjustable shock/strut kits usually come with a softer spring compared to a similar non-adjustable setup. I guess I need to do more research/hunting today.

Black Cobra '99

Established Member
I did consider that option, too. I just need to get the measurements of the Pro Kit springs I have on it now. Question, though; would the same spring rates apply for a standard coil spring versus a coilover? Do you think I'd have to maybe do a 550 or 600 lbs/in spring instead of 500 lbs/in for the front? I know that adjustable shock/strut kits usually come with a softer spring compared to a similar non-adjustable setup. I guess I need to do more research/hunting today.

Interesting question, I don't know for sure but I think so. After all this is the standard by which springs are distinguished. I know the coilover springs are linear vs most "lowering springs" which are progressive.

The Eibach ones are 65 bucks each on Summit, so it doesn't cost much to replace them with whatever spring you want if you don't like a particular setup.

Users who are viewing this thread