Looking for help

bgcobra99

Established Member
I have never detailed a car to this extent. So i can use all the help i can get. I am going to buy all the products this week mostly from advanced.

My ride: Electron Green w/light swirl marks. Looking to get a deep shine.
oh yea most likely im going to do this all by hand.

Any help is greatly appriciated.

redrocket16

Established Member
Advanced auto parts? If so I would look elsewhere but that's me.

A porter cable should be on your list for sure along with good microfiber which you will not find at advanced.

luke1333

Banned
Established Member
I have never detailed a car to this extent. So i can use all the help i can get. I am going to buy all the products this week mostly from advanced.

My ride: Electron Green w/light swirl marks. Looking to get a deep shine.
oh yea most likely im going to do this all by hand.

Any help is greatly appriciated.

Pc7424xp and megs compounds will save you time and money in long run and car will look amazing. Follow that up with a sealant and then wax for more protection and shine. You are talking serious money and hours one you get started and addicting lol

Sent from my sweet old Droid X

T0RCH3D

Established Member
Pc7424xp and megs compounds will save you time and money in long run and car will look amazing. Follow that up with a sealant and then wax for more protection and shine. You are talking serious money and hours one you get started and addicting lol

Well put! Especially the amount of money and time spent. The only change I would say is if your going to spend the money get a Griot's DA instead of PC. Both are great, I just think many will agree Griot's is the better bang for your buck.

Just save your pennies if you want to make an order like this!

DSC07189.jpg

luke1333

Banned
Established Member
Well put! Especially the amount of money and time spent. The only change I would say is if your going to spend the money get a Griot's DA instead of PC. Both are great, I just think many will agree Griot's is the better bang for your buck.

Just save your pennies if you want to make an order like this!

DSC07189.jpg

I have never used a griots so I couldn't tell you which is better heard great things about it though and I have racked up about $600 in detailing stuff since winter but made all that up in doing a couple cars for friends. And get a detailing kit like torch and make your car look like this

DSCF0402.jpg

DSCF0351.jpg

DSCF0389.jpg

MattZ28

Established Member
You can get DECENT results from a one-step hand polish, but don't expect it to be easy and don't expect GREAT results. You absolutely CAN get quality stuff from Advance, Autozone, etc...here's what I'd use:

Meguiar's: 1) Gold Class Car Wash Shampoo, followed by 2) Smooth Surface Clay Kit, followed by 3) Ultimate Polish or SwirlX

and finish with Collinite 845 Insulator Wax (Advance and West Marine have this) or Duragloss (Carquest).

With that being said, you'll get much better results by machine and it will take A LOT less time / effort. But don't fall victim to marketing BS and think you need to spend a fortune to achieve good results.

Users who are viewing this thread