Looking for ideas...

greenstanggt99

Established Member
I have a 03 cobra with the following mods on it. I am looking for suggestions on upgrades for the spring time project.... I probably have a budget of 4-6k

current setup
- 2.3L Gen II whipple with 3" upper and 4# lower (what can i do to get smaller pulley (2.75) on and be able to handle extra heat with additional boost?)
- SCT BA2400 MAF (currently pegging, upgrading to BA3000)
- 60# injectors
- stock pumps with BAP
- single blade TB
- o/r x-pipe with MAC catback
- IRS brace
- DSS level 2 half shafts
- running 100 octane race fuel
- lowered
- everything else pretty much stock

I've been considering the fuel system and cooling mods. I feel that I should be able to get more power out of my current setup just not sure what's next, maybe ported heads? cams?

I started looking at the cobra killer chiller as a cooling mod, any feedback or thoughts?

potentially purchasing bushing kit to help solidify rear end more and upgrade to DSS level 5 half shafts

Lethal performances $2k fuel system upgrade to the triple GT40 pumps

Boost bypass system

JLT carbon fiber 12" High boost kit

Thanks guys for the feedback!

FromGTtoSVT

can't believe I am still here
Established Member
address your fuel situation...then turn your attention towards suspension.

with that kinda power you are probably getting no traction on stock suspension

yellow03cobra

Established Member
ported heads and cams are a waste of money. Don't upgrade to level 5's too many hub problems that you won't have with your 2's. I'm still stock. I don't know what you are talking about with the boost bypass on a whipple, top port vacuum/boost reference, bottom port back to intake or open to atmosphere also delete all the egr stuff. My intake is just a maf adapter and 10in filter, cheap, looks nice, and makes power.

I would tell you to buy
-fore return fuel system - sell bap
-bushings and bolts for the irs - I have poly and I'm happy, ^other option, nice kit
-heat exchanger, my only cooling mod, not a fan of expansion tanks, head cooling mod is a placebo
-nitrous :rockon: :burnout:

pocket the rest of the money. Enjoy the car.

Last edited:

greenstanggt99

Established Member
Thanks for the suggestions... I forgot to mention I already have a heat exchanger, basically all the normal bolt-ons.

The reason I was considering upgrading to Level 5's was b/c the level 2's are only rated to support up to 600rwhp, and I have a grease leak coming from the CV boot on the drivers side so it needs replaced. Figured if I was going to have the IRS out to do bushing kit, why not upgrade the half shafts at the same time to support more power.

I feel that there should still be room to get more out of the whipple with putting an even smaller pulley on but I have a feeling the extra boost will generate too much additional heat, which was why I was throwing around the idea of some of those other cooling mods.

Definitly beefing up the IRS b/c I don't want to go to SRA unless absolutely necessary, trying to do it a bit different than some other guys in my area.

I'm probably going to purchase the triple GT pump kit from lethal for the fuel system upgrade, that way when I'm ready to do something really crazy I already know my fuel system is setup to handle whatever I may do next.

Any other ideas on how to get more power out of current setup without purchasing new motor?

Users who are viewing this thread