Looking for Lightweight Suspension Parts

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
For the past few months, I've been wanting some lightweight aluminum or magnesium suspension parts. Do you guys know where/if I could get some aluminum/magnesium tubed dampeners, steering knuckles, or spindles that fit on the S197? I'd also like to find a strut tower brace that clears the Whipple 2.9 without having to lower the engine or change hoods and a rear shock tower brace.

Any ideas?

avgt500

Established Member
Racecraft makes a whole chrome moly front end that reduces a lot of weight, I just have there lower a arms, quality stuff.
Viking makes front coilovers and rear shocks(aluminum)
I've seen aluminum spindles with ceramic bearings (very pricey), I think the racecraft stuff includes spindles.

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
Viking's stuff is for drag racing, though, isn't it? I forgot to specify that I'm looking for road course-type stuff. I'm addicted to lateral Gs.

Looks like Racecraft's stuff is for Fox bodies and SN95s. Says the front suspension kit only works with the '79-'93 struts. I'm not looking for drop spindles or anything like that. I just want some lightweight plug-n-play parts. I'll probably stay away from ceramic bearings on the spindles. I have a pulley kit from Billet Performance with ceramic bearings, and they're noisy.

darkside323

Established Member
Griggs Racing is pretty much all made of aluminum. I have had their parts on my car for over three years with no problems.

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
Do they sell individual parts? I already have a ton of aftermarket stuff that I don't want/need to replace. I also don't want the car slammed to the ground. It's still going to be a street car.

Users who are viewing this thread