Looking for naturally aspriated 11 second, non-e85, catted, A6 Combos

Sizeth3

Established Member
I have noticed that a lot of the fast naturally aspirated combos are running E85 and or an off road X/H pipe.

I am curious, are there any 11 second naturally aspirated combos running cats and premium fuel?

If so, can you list your mods please?

(Reasons for asking - e85 is not available in my area, emissions testing in my area includes a visual inspection)

Thank you

Shaun@AED

Champion Raceway is not a fast track (if that's where you plan on racing). Although it's not too high at 1400ft, the DA in the summer is not very good and you don't get too many good DA days when the track is open.

Your best bet is a 4 or 5C converter, slicks and skinnies, quality tune, and take as much weight out as required to get to your goals.

Sizeth3

Established Member
Champion Raceway is not a fast track (if that's where you plan on racing). Although it's not too high at 1400ft, the DA in the summer is not very good and you don't get too many good DA days when the track is open.

Your best bet is a 4 or 5C converter, slicks and skinnies, quality tune, and take as much weight out as required to get to your goals.

Hey Shaun,

Thanks for the reply. You are 100% correct, that is my track, the DA there sucks, is usually around 2800' I have noticed. On stock tires at 2800' DA, my car runs 12.8's, prior to a mail order tune it was running 13.3's.

My plan if I go N/A is to run a circle D 4c, one of your tunes, and then I feel like I would still need something else to get me into the 11's. I was wondering about a Cobrajet Intake or a Boss Intake?

Sizeth3

Established Member
are they still running that emissions testing scam?

Yeah if you are talking about the DEQ lol. Basically, have to get emissions tested every 2 years. I don't want to switch midpipes out every 2 years for the next 20 years :(.

Shaun@AED

Hey Shaun,

Thanks for the reply. You are 100% correct, that is my track, the DA there sucks, is usually around 2800' I have noticed. On stock tires at 2800' DA, my car runs 12.8's, prior to a mail order tune it was running 13.3's.

My plan if I go N/A is to run a circle D 4c, one of your tunes, and then I feel like I would still need something else to get me into the 11's. I was wondering about a Cobrajet Intake or a Boss Intake?

Slicks or DR's and skinnies are key. Your track does not hook very well either, at least from my experience.

Sizeth3

Established Member
Slicks or DR's and skinnies are key. Your track does not hook very well either, at least from my experience.

It is hit or miss for sure. I was looking at the Mickey Thompson ET SR2 tires to run, I am pretty confident it would hook up with them.

Outside of traction, are the skinnies/15" rear wheels worth a considerable amount in the 1/4?

Users who are viewing this thread