Looking for New Job in WA...

tankerman1981

Established Member
Well I was wondering if anyone would know if there are any agencies in the state of WA that are hiring like all the time? I'm currently in the Army deployed for my Second Tour here in Iraq and I was looking to getting out as soon as I get back. I've been in the Army for 7 yrs and always wanted to get involved in Law Enforcement. I would really love to get into a Sherriffs Department like King County or even Pierce County... just thought I would ask around I still have bout a year or sooo but hey never too early to start asking questions and looking aorund...

well thanks for your attention and any info that anyone can get to me would be great...

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
These days almost every agency/dept has a website. I would suggest that is your best way to keep up on their hiring status, qualifications and procedure.

Good Luck.

SamsonXD

Established Member
tankerman1981 said:
Well I was wondering if anyone would know if there are any agencies in the state of WA that are hiring like all the time? I'm currently in the Army deployed for my Second Tour here in Iraq and I was looking to getting out as soon as I get back. I've been in the Army for 7 yrs and always wanted to get involved in Law Enforcement. I would really love to get into a Sherriffs Department like King County or even Pierce County... just thought I would ask around I still have bout a year or sooo but hey never too early to start asking questions and looking aorund...

well thanks for your attention and any info that anyone can get to me would be great...

I used to work for Pierce Co. until I took my federal job. King Co. is good but they had the highest washout of anyone in the state something like 65% in their FTO program. Most of the people I was in the academy with worked for seattle, from what I remember Bellevue was one of the better places to work and the Port of Seattle was a well talked about gig. All this could have changed I left their in 2003, but that is what I remember anyways. I was'nt with Pierce Co. long enough to really know what they were like, but they seemed ok anyways. It might take you a few tries to get on but keep trying you will get hired eventually.

Good luck on your job hunting there

tankerman1981

Established Member
yea.. i figured i would ask around first.. currently in Baghdad soo internet access is not the greatest and when I get the time I check my emails and of course check the forums here just to make it feel like i'm home... LOL...

Anyways thanks for the comments and hints everything is appreciated.

jean

Established Member
SALEM -- The Legislature gave final approval Tuesday to a $327 million budget for the Oregon State Police, assuring that the agency will have enough money to hire 100 new troopers to patrol state highways.

tankerman1981

Established Member
Yea I figured WSP and Seattle would be always on the look out for new officers... always liked to work in a Sherriffs Dept. but was looking into city PD around the Seattle area.... I still have alot of time though a good year or sooo before I'm even able to really really look at doing something like that... but thanks always can count on guys here helpin out if they can...

Users who are viewing this thread