Looking for real power gain numbers

Lumpydogs

Established Member
Hello All,

I'm looking for real world power gains achieved with the following mods, or combination of mods, on a NA 99-01 cobra motor. All constructive input is much appreciated.

-Full Length Headers

-Larger MAF

-Cold Air Intakes

-Larger or Polished Throttle Body

-Ported/Polished Stock Intake Manifold

Thanks

01SVTSnake

Thud Thud Thud Thud Thud
Established Member
scratch the MAF and Throttle body. Combined you might get a whopping 2rwhp from them. Definitely not worth what they cost.

• If you want to get an intake stick with JLT
  • Have "na svt" or "nazman" port your lower intake (Naz has been M.I.A with medical issues)
  • get a set of longtube headers & matching mid pipe
  • catback of your choice
  • get gears. I recommend 4.30s if your staying with bolt-ons

brkntrxn

Inappropriate Motorsports
Established Member
Jeff is into open track driving, so I highly doubt he will want a 4:30 gear. I imagine he is looking for a few bolt-ons that will provide him more power from mid- to full-throttle.

Jeff,

Without doing the necessary searching, several of your items listed do provide real world gains on the 99/01 NEs. Long tubes, P&P stock intake and JLT CAI are all proven bolt-ons and you will gain noticeable power and seat of the pants feel with them. I would put all three on and get another tune. I would absolutely get a tune with the long tubes and intake, but you can get away with running the existing tune with a JLT bolt-on.

Take it easy,

Kevin

Un4GivN

QuenchMyThirstw/Gasoline
Established Member
Well.. My car bone stock dyno'd 282/28x on a dynojet. I installed LTs, o/r X, and catback. Had the car tuned and it made 324/324 on a dynojet. That's 42rwhp from full exhaust/tune.

The Red Monster

COP SWAP harness guy
Established Member
My car bone stock dyno'd 282/28x on a dynojet. I installed LTs, o/r X, and catback. Had the car tuned and it made 324/324 on a dynojet. That's 42rwhp from full exhaust/tune.

Nice numbers!!!!!

i would say go for the long tubes and full exhaust.. a hint though, go with a company like hooker or equivelant so you have the option of pulling the tranny while the headers are installed if you ever need to swap a clutch or do a tranny rebuild. saves you quite a few headaches in the future

na svt

say no to power adders
Established Member
Hello All, I'm looking for real world power gains achieved with the following mods, or combination of mods, on a NA 99-01 cobra motor. All constructive input is much appreciated.Thanks

-Full Length Headers 10-15hp max with good mid range tq gains

-Larger MAF--very little if any

-Cold Air Intakes--very little if any

-Larger or Polished Throttle Body--very little if any

-Ported/Polished Stock Intake Manifold--5-8hp

-Short runner intake--10-15hp at peak and 25-30hp at 7k

blackbob

Nurburgring GTO
Established Member
Another thing to consider that I have done is intake spacer from Ron on Mach1Registry and a throttle body spacer too. One more thing will be a harmonic dampner like a Summit version ( it's good for what it is till 7k ) or a more expensive one like ATI or something.

Users who are viewing this thread