looking for shop in or near tucson

SVTlove

USAFR Recruiter
Established Member
have a 03 cobra. has a lower pulley and tune, cat back exhaust, intake, and few other minor mods. i am interested in going twin screw, either whipple or KB. what shop should or could i trust to complete this task without any eff-ups? who would you recommend?

Mystic03

Established Member
for tuning... go to devin at ADS in chandler tell him "rob" sent you (yellow 03cobra)

Jefe

Established Member
For mods you could probably take it to Evan as ESTuned. For tuning I would go to Phx(Devin) or use Eric Brooks remotely on a dyno

Dooger54

Established Member
I got on Ford Racings site and looked for dealers there. There is a shop called AMP Performance in Phoenix that looks good. Sounds like they specialize in mustangs. Anyone have experience with them?

Jefe

Established Member
I got on Ford Racings site and looked for dealers there. There is a shop called AMP Performance in Phoenix that looks good. Sounds like they specialize in mustangs. Anyone have experience with them?
Not personally but they royally screwed over multiple friends of mine. They even called the cops on him for trespassing when he tried to go pick up his car after a 6 month+ wait on install.

They have an absolutely awful reputation. I'm amazed they are still in business.

A 5 second google search:

If you live in Phoenix do not go to AMP Performance - Shelby GT500 Modifications and Tech. - Team Shelby
The Official AMP Performance sucks thread... - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
AMP Performance in AZ is a rip off

Forgot about Stage 3 Motorsports. Great vendor/install shop in Phx

Dooger54

Established Member
Thanks for the info. I won't bother to call AMP then. I have a 2008 GT500 stock. Am wanting to add a CAI, tune, and pulley. Possibly the KR exhaust also. Only one I'm not sure about doing myself is the pulley, so was looking for a local shop. Thought it would be cool to have it Dynoed before and after too.

By the way, I am in Tucson, not Phoenix.

Jefe

Established Member
ESTuned should be able to handle the pulley. If not someone on DSC can

07COBRAVENOM

R.I.P. Hissssss
Established Member
Thanks for the info. I won't bother to call AMP then. I have a 2008 GT500 stock. Am wanting to add a CAI, tune, and pulley. Possibly the KR exhaust also. Only one I'm not sure about doing myself is the pulley, so was looking for a local shop. Thought it would be cool to have it Dynoed before and after too.

By the way, I am in Tucson, not Phoenix.

I had the VMP pulley and a JLT intake on my old GT500. I could help you install it. :beer:

SVTlove

USAFR Recruiter
Established Member
Not personally but they royally screwed over multiple friends of mine. They even called the cops on him for trespassing when he tried to go pick up his car after a 6 month+ wait on install.

They have an absolutely awful reputation. I'm amazed they are still in business.

A 5 second google search:

If you live in Phoenix do not go to AMP Performance - Shelby GT500 Modifications and Tech. - Team Shelby
The Official AMP Performance sucks thread... - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
AMP Performance in AZ is a rip off

Forgot about Stage 3 Motorsports. Great vendor/install shop in Phx

i actually did speak with AMP on the phone before posting this thread. maybe i'm not used to the prices in Arizona, but they wanted $600 for a custom tune (and I already have the DSP handheld). In Denver I only paid $450. anyways. perhaps I'll avoid them all together. If I have to drive to the PHX area for something, it better be done right. thats like a 200 mile round trip.

Users who are viewing this thread