Looking for some opinions about prices when selling my cobra

Sleev-les

Established Member
I have an 03 cobra, I owe 22,800 on it. It has high miles for an 03 (82k) and im going to sell it because i just dont have time for it anymore. The mods on the car are:

kooks longtubes
kooks xpipe
accufab throttlebody
cai
chrome 17x9 and 17x10.5 rims
tuned w/ diablo sport tuner
stuart warner shiftlight
pro 5.0 shifter
2.80 upper pulley
tubular kmember
flp heat exchanger
cross drilled/slotted rotors

Id like to get what i owe but i know its not probably gonna happen. Im looking to see what you think i could get..

Last edited:

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
With what you owe, and the amount of miles you have on it I would hang on to it. Best case, you will break even.

-Jeff

Sleev-les

Established Member
I've looked at NADA and kbb. there is a big difference in what they say. NADA says 22k or something close. I am just curious to see if having mods might catch an enthusiats interests because i know normally that would drop value. I would hope i can grab someones interest leaving it as is. If not, ill put everything back to stock and sell the parts seperately. If I break even ill be happy too. Im not looking to come out w/ a profit.

Sleev-les

Established Member
BuffDigits said:
wow 82k miles? wow thats some serious drive time.

poking around its looking like 20,800. 22k is pushing it.

I dated a girl in North Carolina a few years back. That was the only car i had at the time...

ShelbyGuy

Steers With the Throttle
Established Member
Eating a steady diet of government cheese, and liv
I bet if you asked $25k for it you'd get it.

I'll take a high mileage example over taking one that may have been lemoned any day of the week. the 2500 mile cobra i fear buying much much more. if the car was an illinois car a cafax wont show diddly squat.

Sleev-les

Established Member
ShelbyGuy said:
I bet if you asked $25k for it you'd get it.

I'll take a high mileage example over taking one that may have been lemoned any day of the week. the 2500 mile cobra i fear buying much much more. if the car was an illinois car a cafax wont show diddly squat.

I am definitely selling mine. It has never seen a track or been dogged. Everyone used to give me hell about putting mods on it because i didnt ever race, but it was a hobby. I'm having the oil changed and the coolant system flushed today because its about that time for both then im probably going to start posting up ads.

SVT Abuser

Banned
U have a car, there is a willing buyer out there..I just wouldnt be in a hurry to get rid of it (unless u are in a hurry)

theres always someone out there who wants exactly what u have. sometimes we get spoiled with our toys, cars, etc, and think that there would be no buyer out there for what we have. the guy looking at your car and salivating would probably be a previous 99/01 cobra owner and wouldnt care about the mileage, to a degree...I am considering selling mine (cant make my mind up) the guy considering my car would most likely be coming from a GT, like I said, there is always a willing buyer out there...its one of those things..keep it immaculate, people always appreciate an immaculate car despite the mileage.

Sleev-les

Established Member
SVT Abuser said:
U have a car, there is a willing buyer out there..I just wouldnt be in a hurry to get rid of it (unless u are in a hurry)

theres always someone out there who wants exactly what u have. sometimes we get spoiled with our toys, cars, etc, and think that there would be no buyer out there for what we have. the guy looking at your car and salivating would probably be a previous 99/01 cobra owner and wouldnt care about the mileage, to a degree...I am considering selling mine (cant make my mind up) the guy considering my car would most likely be coming from a GT, like I said, there is always a willing buyer out there...its one of those things..keep it immaculate, people always appreciate an immaculate car despite the mileage.

I'm not in a hurry. The car is very clean, wheels are perfect (no curb damage) and teh car has been maintained since day one. It just doesnt do much for me anymore. Priorities changing i guess.

Silver2003Cobra

US Navy (retired)
Established Member
priorities change, and I can understand when you say that the car dosn't do it for you any more, which is why I bought a 2nd vehicle that was 100% opposite of the Cobra, being a 4x4 SUV that I can and do take off road, so when I get "tired" of driving that getting back into the Terminator feels like a new vehicle..

PonyFever

'03 DSG vert 3816 of 5082
Established Member
If you can't sell it for what you owe, maybe de-mod it, sell it for book (or near private party price) and sell the parts separately to make up the difference. Looks like a nice set-up but high milage will probably be your biggest enemy.

03gobluecobra

torque steer sucks
Established Member
What about removing a few mods, and selling those? The KBB and NADA prices are for stock, so if you could get 20,000 for it, plus a few for some mods you take off, you might be in a decent position. You could probably sell the heat exchanger, throttle body, and maybe a few other things.

Sleev-les

Established Member
03gobluecobra said:
What about removing a few mods, and selling those? The KBB and NADA prices are for stock, so if you could get 20,000 for it, plus a few for some mods you take off, you might be in a decent position. You could probably sell the heat exchanger, throttle body, and maybe a few other things.

The exhaust and the kmember would be the biggest pain in the ass to demod. the rest wouldnt be bad. I think ill post it up to see if i can break even, if not start demodding it and getting my loan down so i can break even w/ what its worth. Im hoping I'll get lucky for a change and someone will want it as is

vipergts281

Established Member
Wow, someone who has more miles than me! :shock:

I bet you could still get $21,000 for it, maybe $20,000 worst case. $20,000 for an 11 second car is a pretty good deal if you ask me.

Users who are viewing this thread