looking for some wheels for my 03 cobra ..any suggestions?

bscarberry

Established Member
CCW 505A
6-1024.jpg

Boostlag

Darth Vader Status
Established Member
No budget you say.. why not some Fiske Classic's, I like FM/10's the best. I never see mustang guys run these wheels.

fm10.jpg

I agree.

I think you should go with a CCW,HRE,Fikse,or TF type wheel. If you have no budget,please dont put OEM or a FRPP wheel on your car. I like them and all, but theres thousands of other terminators that have them on as well. Switch it up!

kb02gt

UNTAMED SLOBRA
Established Member
I agree.

I think you should go with a CCW,HRE,Fikse,or TF type wheel. If you have no budget,please dont put OEM or a FRPP wheel on your car. I like them and all, but theres thousands of other terminators that have them on as well. Switch it up!

i hear ya ..those fkse wheels look nice also ...

big reg

Gets his shit pushed in
Established Member
I vote anything True Forged. My 19" satin black Chicane RS will be here Tuesday according to Fedex. Steve is also a board sponsor and Cobra owner and great to deal with. :rockon:

GeoffGT

SVT Blumpster
Established Member
all people talk about on here is TF and CCW.... yeah-yeah they look great and everyone should bow down and worship them!!! but get something different, be unique... IMO

big reg

Gets his shit pushed in
Established Member
all people talk about on here is TF and CCW.... yeah-yeah they look great and everyone should bow down and worship them!!! but get something different, be unique... IMO
You have to be kidding me. There are prob 15-20 cars on here with TF wheels and you are talking about being different? :dw: Yeah get some FR500s, Saleens or Chrome 03 Cobras. No one has those. The point of getting TF or CCW wheels is to stand out from the cookie cutter Mustang wheels.

mineralstangt

Established Member
You have to be kidding me. There are prob 15-20 cars on here with TF wheels and you are talking about being different? :dw: Yeah get some FR500s, Saleens or Chrome 03 Cobras. No one has those. The point of getting TF or CCW wheels is to stand out from the cookie cutter Mustang wheels.

I don't think he meant FRs, Saleens, or the 03s . . . at least he didn't say that. I think he meant heavy research outside of the 3 big companies most people go to for high end wheels (i.e. HRE, TF, CCW). Since I've been with Discount Tire I've seen a lot of different wheels; high end and not so much but I have to say that there are many more options available, endless options and all you have to do is look around and be patient. It won't be found overnight I'll tell you that.

Last edited:

GeoffGT

SVT Blumpster
Established Member

15-20??? I'd have to say a few more than that... As a matter a fact, why don't you tell the OP to get a Borla Stinger Catback also??? Then he will really fit in and be "cool".

OP= be unique...

just my .02

GeoffGT

SVT Blumpster
Established Member
I don't think he meant FRs, Saleens, or the 03s . . . at least he didn't say that. I think he meant heavy research outside of the 3 big companies most people go to for high end wheels (i.e. HRE, TF, CCW). Since I've been with Discount Tire I've seen a lot of different wheels; high end and not so much but I have to say that there are many more options available, endless options and all you have to do is look around and be patient. It won't be found overnight I'll tell you that.

exactly... thank you...

03dsgsnake

Established Member
exactly... thank you...

I def agree too, everyone wants to have a different wheel and why not.But everyone always says trueforged or ccw! Just because they are different doesnt mean they absolutely flow with the cobra lines! I have plenty of benjamins and have been through probably 10 sets of rims from reps, to foose, to ccw to hre to moxy neeper etc etc. And now i end up with afs 18" chrome stockers and i absolutely love them! Thick spoke clean and simple and def flows with lines how the designer would have wanted. Its all peoples preference , but if your gonna have to break the bank just to get diff wheels whats the sense? I would rather put money into the engine and performance, just my .02 its all up the owners preference, but i really dont see that many 18 chrome stockers floating around my area and i love that!!!!!!!! good luck:beer:

hand-to-ball

That Was Just Your Life
Established Member
I don't care how many people run a particular wheel, if I like them I am going to get them. I recently got the chrome 18" AFS replicas and love the way they look on my car.

Because the original 17" design is specific to the Terminator (the simple 5 spoke is classically understated), I kind of wanted to stay with that styling and preserve some of the heritage of these cars while getting a bit more of a modern look with the extra inch. It's amazing how much of a difference visually an 18 makes. Don't get me wrong, I love some of the forged wheels for our cars, but it is a hefty investment to consider.

If you read Iron Fist, Lead Foot, you'll read that one of the designers actually wanted 18" wheels but it was scrapped due to some wheel well issues.

DSCF1892.gif

DSCF1900.gif

DSCF1898.gif

mineralstangt

Established Member
I def agree too, everyone wants to have a different wheel and why not.But everyone always says trueforged or ccw! Just because they are different doesnt mean they absolutely flow with the cobra lines! I have plenty of benjamins and have been through probably 10 sets of rims from reps, to foose, to ccw to hre to moxy neeper etc etc. And now i end up with afs 18" chrome stockers and i absolutely love them! Thick spoke clean and simple and def flows with lines how the designer would have wanted. Its all peoples preference , but if your gonna have to break the bank just to get diff wheels whats the sense? I would rather put money into the engine and performance, just my .02 its all up the owners preference, but i really dont see that many 18 chrome stockers floating around my area and i love that!!!!!!!! good luck:beer:

well put :beer:

kb02gt

UNTAMED SLOBRA
Established Member
I don't care how many people run a particular wheel, if I like them I am going to get them. I recently got the chrome 18" AFS replicas and love the way they look on my car.

Because the original 17" design is specific to the Terminator (the simple 5 spoke is classically understated), I kind of wanted to stay with that styling and preserve some of the heritage of these cars while getting a bit more of a modern look with the extra inch. It's amazing how much of a difference visually an 18 makes. Don't get me wrong, I love some of the forged wheels for our cars, but it is a hefty investment to consider.

If you read Iron Fist, Lead Foot, you'll read that one of the designers actually wanted 18" wheels but it was scrapped due to some wheel well issues.

DSCF1892.gif

DSCF1900.gif

DSCF1898.gif

those 18" in stockers look bad ass also..

Users who are viewing this thread