Looking for some wires for the nav...

Grombil.com

Established Member
Im installing a kenwood nav and need to connect this to some wires to make it work proper...

Im looking for:

Speedo wire
The reverse light (R on the stick :)
Handbrakelight (Footbrake)

I guess the footbrake wire is just for not making it wort unless its on. I want it to work when i drive for my son. Is this wire connected to greund ore + posetiv to make it work? (Hope you understand my english :nonono: )

1sweetSVT

too low
Established Member
yea just ground out the footbrake wire so you can have it on all the time....im not too sure about the speedo and reverse ones tho

pitstain

I love appetizer samplers
Established Member
you can tap the reverse signal from the relay box under the hood, there is a socket for the trailer relay, which is usually unused, the owners manual should show you where it is. and for the parking brake wire just ground that wire.

Grombil.com

Established Member
Well now i have connected all the wires eksept the speedo and reverse wire. It all seemed fine and everything worked as it shul. But when i switched of the ignition i found out i shuld turn it on again and see if the player wold start where i stopped it..... But then the player starts turning on and off without stopping? I see the ABS light starts turning on and of as well with the player? I also hear a *klikk" when this happens that comes from the car and not the player... Seems like the car also starts switching back and forth in some way? Just the ABS light, not the other lights. Dident try starting it.

Anyone have a idea whats wrong? I did connect all the wires sutch as ground, ACC (Ign.) and power (Battery constant power) directly to the ISO plugs wires... Maby i shuld ground the ground wires to the chassy instead of connecting it to the ground wire? I also did disconect the battery for some sec and tried to reset the player... Nothing of this helps.

02TrueBlu

Established Member
you can hook it up where it will play movies when you drive.. we do it for customers from time to time, its just not legal

Users who are viewing this thread