Looking for tune help with SCT PRP

87saleen209

I have a 2011 Mustang GT A6 and I am looking to self-tune my setup with an SCT PRP. I have had the software for a while, but just started messing with it lately after getting a good baseline at the track. My car, stock except for GT500 axlebacks and Racestar wheels and QTP 28x11.5 tires went 12.8 @ 109.8 mph in cool, but 95% humid air.
I'm looking to get a good drag tune for it on 91 Octane. Mainly I want to work with the torque reduction and drive-by-wire gremlins, as well as shift points.

I have the LaSota book, and it is good, but it doesn't seem to explain a lot of what I'm looking for. I have tried to get into the SCT forums, but it is taking a while to get a response.

Any help I can get here would be appreciated! If you have some screenshots or files of how you are doing your setup, it would give me a good idea of where I need to start. I know not everyone wants to reveal their hard work, but some scraps to get me started would be awesome!

I have downloaded the most recent SCT values and updates, at least that I know of. My PCM code is FXB7 if that matters.

I am putting on BBK catless downpipe a today, so I'll be trying to disable the rear O2's as well. I think I can handle that part as long as all it takes is turning them off and reloading the tune through my X3.!

Last edited:

ZeroSVT

Established Member
Do you have a start? Could you share or PM your MTF?

What kind of questions do you have? Where are your hard points?

Cheers,
-Matt

txcharlie

Never fast enough
Established Member
IMHO, sell your PRP and get HP Tuners. They have an entire forum for tuning and lots of people willing to help. SCT tuners....not so much, unless you are paying them.

gmcconn1

Established Member
Don's book covers quite a bit - what are you stuck on?

I would recommend Greg Banish's Ford Advanced Tuning DVD. He walks through a lot of stuff including drive by wire tuning. He also has some books - not Ford specific but they do a good job of explaining the whys and how things work relating to tuning if you need that kind of info.

01yellercobra

Established Member
Can you access the drive by wire values? I know for the earlier models require you to take a class before they give you the access. I don't really know of many people tuning the new Mustangs themselves. Just remember to make your changes small and always keep a copy of the old tune that ran fine.

87saleen209

Sorry fellas, I haven't checked back in a while to see if there were replies.

I put the BBK cat delete pipes on. It made a sound difference for sure. I downloaded the latest (I believe) value files. I turned the rear O2 sensors off and messed with the A6 WOT shift rpm. I put them at 7000 rpm, but might take them back down to 6,800 (stock is 6,500). I raised the rev limiter to 7,300 rpm, I think (stock is 7,000). I also switched traction control so that it is off by default.

My main questions regarding needing some value files comes from wanting to reduce or eliminate the torque reduction functions for drag racing purposes. I want the throttle to respond immediately and I want little to no torque reduction when the transmission shifts. I believe I have seen certain aspects in the tuning software for those things, but I wanted to kind of get a clearer understanding of what others have experienced before I start changing numbers that I have no clue about.

I did contact SCT and got them to open the dealer-type permissions for me. It seemed to open up a lot of drive-by-wire and VCT areas of the software. Also, I finally got them to add me to the SCT Forums for PRP. I have been reading as much as I can as of late. I'm learning more and more.

I appreciate the help and experience that anyone is willing to share! I almost had my car sold after losing interest in it. After buying some drag wheels and taking it to the track, I decided to just stick with it and make it my street/strip car. The awesome thing about these 2011+ 5.0 Mustangs is, they make a ton of power and with the ability to tune nearly every parameter, you can make it daily drivable, too! I can't figure out a better combo than that!

Mainn

Established Member
Sorry, I can't help you with any engine tuning related things, but I do know my auto transmissions. I would drop your WOT shift point back down to 6600rpm. By the time the trans actually shifts, you should be around the 7000/7100rpm mark, which I'm assuming is roughly where you want it.

EDIT: Never mind, I just took a look at your datalog. I underestimated the 6R80. Set the WOT to 6800.

I'm no engine tuning guy (yet, my SCT PRP is on the way!), so it's almost guaranteed that I'll be corrected, but your datalog looks bang-on. You could probably take 1-2% of fuel out of some areas, but other than that, I can't really fault it.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread