Looking in to a 2001 Cobra

Knitler

Established Member
I'm looking into a 2001 Cobra to replace my current Altima. I had a Mach1 previously and just miss that nice V8 and the fun I had.

I plan to do similar to what I had in my Mach1:
4.10 Rear
Crank Pulley
Cobra R water-pump and PS pulley
Short shifter
X-pipe and Borla Stingers
RAI
Dyno Tune
Intake spacer

What I am wondering is if it's worth swapping over a Mach1 Intake manifold? Even if it's not ported?

Also what's a fair price on a good condition 2001 Black, with 26,000 on it? They are asking 19.5 online. I know I only got 16k from insurance when I totaled my 03 Mach1 a year ago with similar miles.

Last edited:

ashleyroachclip

Established Member
I thought the mach 1 and 01 cobra intake were the same ?

Price seems high to me , but I live in an area where these are selling for 10 ish.

Knitler

Established Member
I thought the Mach1's was a little bit improved, I could be wrong. Maybe I'm thinking of the heads.

KBB says the Dealer price should be just under 14k. I figure if it's super clean and well looked after I may go 14.5 as my highest. I asked them for photos as I don't really wanna drive an hour to find its low miles but really beat on.

01yellercobra

Established Member
I think there's some small differences between the Cobra and Mach intakes, but not enough to swap intakes. If you want to upgrade the intake have one ported. The intake spacers don't have as good a record on the 99/01's.

IMO that's way high for an 01. If you're getting that high you might as well look at 03/04's.

Knitler

Established Member
I think there's some small differences between the Cobra and Mach intakes, but not enough to swap intakes. If you want to upgrade the intake have one ported. The intake spacers don't have as good a record on the 99/01's.

IMO that's way high for an 01. If you're getting that high you might as well look at 03/04's.

In my area Terminators are still going for about 23-26k, even modded.

01yellercobra

Established Member
Add in the cost of the mods you're looking at as well. Are you going to stay N/A or is there boost in your future? I bought my 01 because it was cheaper than the 04 I was looking at. By the time I got rid of the 01 I probably spent enough to buy the 04 and a big twin screw.

Granted I'm saying this about the $19k price. If you can get it for $14k then sweet.

RX1Cobra

Established Member
14 IMO is the very top end. If it were me I wouldn't pay over 12. But could be I'm just a cheap ass.

killspray

The Killstroyer
Established Member
All depends on your goals with the car... If you want a bolt on daily, have him come down a lot on that price. If you see yourself going big HP down the road and can swing $19k, I'd pay a little more for an 03/04 that already has forged internals. For bolt on only, ditch the crank pulley, water pump stuff, and spacer... Keep the rest, little 100 shot of juice with some drag radials and you'll be fine.

Knitler

Established Member
I just plan a few boltons for a daily driver. Nothing crazy.

I got them to 15.5 over the phone. I'll be going to see it in person tomorrow, I'll see how close I can get them to 14.5k, that's my max on it. If it turns out to have a Teksid or a few mods on it that I plan to do anyway then I may give a bit more leniency.

Last edited:

R.D.P.

Extra Sprinkles
Established Member
19k would be nuts. 14k doesn't sound too bad if the condition is good, which you would assume it is based on the miles.

ColorMatched

grayongrayongrayongray
Established Member
I would find and go get a Terminator for 16-17k before I paid anywhere near 19k for an 01. Unless you like to pay a premium on rarity.

Users who are viewing this thread